“Nice restaurant-shame about the food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eros Ouzeri - CLOSED

Eros Ouzeri
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Nice restaurant-shame about the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had dinner with good friends here on Saturday night-Enjoyed the look and feel of the restaurant and the service was excellent-but unfortunately the fail was the food-Hey maybe I missed the memo and Greeks like all their food chewy, but all of the mains were described as just "ok"
I reckon for the spend there are plenty of restaurants in the area that do it better and the kitchen staff need to do a much better job with the meat-try tasting it perhaps.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brenton R

Adelaide, Australia
“DON'T GO THERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I used to really like Eros Ouzeri and really rated their food. However, tonight, my partner and I went there for the first time in about 18 months, and the food was horrendous. For starters, we had the combination of dips, which was ok, except for one which tasted suspiciously of tomato sauce. Still, we were willing to overlook this. Until the main course came that is. We both had the seafood pasta (bugtails and prawns), which, the last time we ate there, was fantastic. This time, it was horrible. Seriously, horrible. Inedible. I can honestly say this was the worst meal I've had in the 8 years I've lived in Adelaide. The pasta was stuck together in a disgusting gluggy creamy cheesy lump. The prawns and bugtails ( 4 prawns and 4 'bugtails'), were massively overcooked. I strongly suspect that the prawns had been purchased cooked and frozen and reheated as they had that awful metallic rubbery taste, and the bugtails were unrecognisable, tasteless blobs. They might as well have been bits of extender for all the taste they had. The service was also poor. Even though we ordered the bill about 10 minutes after receiving our mains, both of which had only a few bites eaten, the waitress didn't even ask if our meals had been ok. This makes me suspect that they are used to people leaving uneaten food. This used to be a good restaurant. It isn't anymore. Trust me, give it a wide berth.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stacey M
“Very average food and worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were craving a decent serve of Greek food so we popped into this place. There cafe stopped serving out of the kitchen as it was 3pm and a Public holiday. So they directed us to the restaurant. To our dismay the food was dismal and we could have cooked it better ourselves. My friend is of a Greek background so she knows her Greek food! Now we are worried we might get sick from it as the presentation and the service were bad enough. Staff were not engaging and lacked any enthusiasm. Don't waste your time or money going there.

2 Thank Amy C
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I enjoyed the food at this restaurant. Good simple Greek food. BYO was a good option the wine list wasn't great. Loved the calamari and the prawn Slovakia. The price was good, but the corkage at $14 was a bit steep.

• Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“My previous review was for the Eros Kafe next door.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Eros Ouzeri next door to Eros Kafe. Too confusing for moi! Had great food and service at both, but the Ouzeri is a bit more costly. Coffee quite good, but the cups are deceptively small.

• Visited April 2014