“Very good Italian with European flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Auge Ristorante - CLOSED

Auge Ristorante
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Very good Italian with European flair”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our visit to Auge was on a Wednesday night, yet it was very busy, almost full and the buzz of course added to the atmosphere. We each had the 6 course degustation ($120) and overall it was excellent with a very Italian way of composition and presentation. The carpaccio of king-fish, quail dish, and pork belly were stand out dishes. The steak course was very good and generous. The dessert was OK, only the baked gnocchi was disappointing being a little heavy. The waiter suggested an excellent Italian wine, not too expensive, and one that went very well across the meal. Service, so often a weak point in Australia, was expert, and attentive without being over done. All up, a better than expected meal at a very fair price.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kirrawalk

Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent fine dining!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This restaurant is a favorite of mine. The food is excellent, service very good and would recommend it for a special dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Maralyn C
Adelaide, Australia
“gustation”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

this was our second visit to Auge and both times we have been impressed by the great service and the knowledge of the wait staff .The portion sizes were just right and the accompanying wines complemented the food . A great night

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank laso629
Adelaide
“The finest i Adelaide”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My No. 1 pick of the finest restaurant in Adelaide. Particularly good for that surprise dinner ..
Atmosphere, food, service - all 100%

• Visited April 2013
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good to be back!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I haven't been to adelaide in a while and was looking forward to getting back here, we were going to a show at the festival and asked for a late dinner, which was no problem to our surprise. It's something that drives me crazy in Adelaide as no one ever opens or serves after 9:30pm. It's festival season and restaurants in this city should stay open late?

Last time I dined with work colleagues and we had a great night. Alot has changed since I have been here last. I noticed a less formal more "fun" style approach to service. Not saying that last time wasn't good. This time it seems like the staff as always are professional but it seemed more relaxed, no more ties suits for staff etc. A good idea was the unlimited water for $6 all night, no more expensive water bills!

Now for the food. Simple, more traditional than last time and no fancy stuff, just real good italian food. The complimentary starter from the kitchen was so tasty! I had the zucchini flowers which were excellent, my husband had something I can't pronounce sagnorelli pasta? with local mushrooms..yum! I had the tortellini with shellfish and hubby had the sirloin. He says he was the winner with his eggplant puree on the steak, I beg to differ my pasta was exquisite.

All in all a great night out for us as the last few days we have had a few disasters eating out!

• Visited March 2014