“nice central hostel”

Adelaide’s Shakespeare Backpackers International Hostel
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I arrived after a long bus ride at 7 am in the hostel. It was really nice they could check me in early so i could have a little bit of a sleep. Nice staff and good security. Good beds as well and spacious rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Shakespeare Backpackers for about a month. The one-week deal is great and the staff is always nice and helpful.
The common room is spacious and cosy, the kitchen is not exactly new but it works fine.
I always found the bathrooms quite clean and the showers are amazing!
Our eight bed dorm was very small, but it was ok and the bed was comfortable.
I almost found myself at home here, my overall experience is very positive and I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends.
The atmosphere is nice and there is good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was greeted by possibly the most friendly receptionist i've ever met.

This hostel is laid out perfectly, clean tidy rooms with big lockers!

Big common room with a nice kitchen and a massive 50 inch tv with a lot of sofas spread in a line.

This hostel is perfect for meeting people. You just sit down and chat to anyone.

I loved my stay here and didn't really want to leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. Before we booked they showed us the place and we were very pleased, reasonable big kitchen, all clean, toilets and showers clean.
We where in the girls dorm which was the biggest dorm I've been in, in Australia. And a real novelty in Australia thick nice mattresses on the bed!

I had a awsome stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I came from Melbourne to see some shows at the fringe festival. Shakespeares was packed but I managed to get a bed in a dorm. Not much space in the room for anything except for your luggage under the bed. Lockers available but bring your own padlock. Staff were efficient. Facilities were clean. The hostel was busy and people every where which was a bit daunting. I walked to all the shows I wanted to see. Heaps to do every where. Loved my stay there. Going back next year.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great, friendly, and knowledgable staff. Nice lounge with TV. $10 for three day internet pass. Had an issue w AC second night, but it was fixed right away. Great location between central market and rundle st. Would stay again if I'm back in Adelaide.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at Shakespeare's for a week in November & it was everything you want in a hostel. Cheap & cheerful. Helpful staff. Basically clean. Good location. I stayed in a 10-share so it was kinda noisey with people coming/going, but that's no fault of the hostel. Got the bus in from Melb & they let me check in early. Most of the other guests in the hostel seemed friendly & polite too which is always a bonus. They have a baggage room which is free. They have wi-fi but you have to pay for it $15 for a wk pass. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay in Adelaide I totally recommend Shakepeare's.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo