“Great day out”
Review of ANDO Tours

ANDO Tours
Ranked #4 of 7 Tours in Coober Pedy
More attraction details
Owner description: ANDO Tours is owned and operated by the Underground Bed and Breakfast in Coober Pedy.We have a luxury 4WD vehicle that seats a maximum of 6 people, that way we can give you a highly personalised tour experience that will leave you amazed. We have decades of experience living and mining in Coober Pedy that we are proud to share with you. We do a half day tour of opal mines, Breakaways, Moon Plain and Dog Fence.
australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Ken is a natural at appealing to all tastes. Ken collected us from our motel and drove skillfully to the painted dessert. Four of the five travellors had visted previously under our own steam. We were had a great day and having a local describe the beautiful country enroute was a pleasure. We were fed and watered very well. A visit to the families underground b&b made us dissapointed we hadn't booked with them.
Good value we thought.

Perth, Australia
“Lovely tour”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Thank you Ken for a great tour. We got to see some beautiful sights, learnt a lot of information and got to have your delicious lunch as well. The tour made our trip to Coober Pedy so much more interesting.

Visited April 2012
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day trips with Ken”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I wasn't lucky enough to be able to stay with Ken and Ana (they were full) but I was able to have a look at the B and B. It was wonderful, all the mod cons and so beautifully presented, it would have been great to be able to stay there.

However, even though I wasn't able to stay at the Underground B and B I did get to experience a wonderful couple of days out and about in Coober Pedy, Lake Eyre, The Painted Desert and Oonadatta with Ken. He operates Ando Tours and was able to take me out and about to the places that I wanted to see and he told me alot about each place.

I spent an evening with Ken and Ana and the guests that were staying at the B and B and they were fabulous company and great hosts - and I really do believe that they sell the best Opals in town, operate a great tour company and provide luxury accommodation

I will be recommending the Underground B and B to my parents when they start there grey nomad tour next year

Thanks Ken and Ana!!

Juanita
Perth
April 2012

1 Thank Juanita B
Adelaide
“Lake Eyre day tour”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Ken took three of us out for the day to Lake Eyre and we loved it! Had a very relaxing time, saw some amazing scenery and landscapes and Ken took good care of us. I can certainly recommend him for any group interested in seeing the outback in relaxed, easy going style.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank SSKAdelaide
Darwin, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Painted Desert Tour Extraordinaire”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Ken from Ando Tours picked us up from van park 8am as arranged and drove us out on the Oodnadatta Road across Dingo Fence and Moon Plain to Mt Barry Station. After morning tea at Arckaringa Station homestead passed thru Arckaringa Creek and hills to Painted Desert - interesting sandstone formations in array of colours (white, grey, pink,
orange, black etc) rising out of desert - absolutely stunning. Back to Arckaringa Homestead for cold lunch with Whitey, caretaker, who regaled us with stories of his time in Darwin in the 70's and 80's - fabulous. Then back to Coober Pedy where Ken took us to his underground B&B (magnificent) and to view his beautiful opal collection. Ken so friendly and engaging and totally professional. Highly recommend this tour.

Visited February 2012