“Kind and Trustworthy at Oplios”
Review of Opalios

Opalios
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Coober Pedy
More attraction details
Owner description: Opalios has been mining in the Coober Pedy opal fields since 1973 and is still mining today. It is a family business that cuts all its own opal and creates its own jewellery on site.We have an experienced opal miner, expert opal cutter, and jeweller on site, and all our opal is cut to the finest standard. All opals and jewellery come with a written certificate, guaranteeing quality, value, and craftsmanship.Come and see Andrew, Stella and George for the best value opals.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It was recommended by several locals that this is where I could find opal and feel confident about what I was getting and the price and also support local family. I was in Coober Pedy 4 days and visited their "Oplios" shop everyday. I was never pressured into buying anything but was instead greeted with warmth and friendliness. I enjoyed my time chatting with George and Stella and did end up making a couple purchases here. Besides my purchases I also came home with many gifts they gave me. Once back in the USA, everyone compliments me on my beautiful opals. I feel I now have new friends in Coober Pedy. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Went to a few other shops in Coober Pedy in search for an opal ring. Arrived at Opalios and was instantly welcomed by a really friendly guy. He was super helpful and pulled out all the rings for me to look through. I am super indecisive, but he helped me narrow down the search while providing a little lesson on the stones and where they are from. I found the perfect ring, and at an amazing price. Not only was he very helpful, but generous as well. He gave us a few extra souvenirs to take home for good luck. If your in Coober Pedy, Opalios is the best service and selection, and family run too!!

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I popped in today as recommended by the man in the bottle shop and was greeted with a warm smile. I did buy a pendant but was overwhelmed by the kind gesture of gifts, I left with bundles of souvenirs and was told when questioned that it is give and take here.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were advised to visit this family owned store by our tour guide...we were welcomed with open arms. Stella and George had all the time in the world to tell their families story. And a very proud family they are.
They explained the different types of opal, and hey had plenty.
The price range was to cater to everyone, and the fact that the opals mined by the father were then turned into jewellery by the son and sold by the mother had special significance.
Cannot wait to visit again

Reviewed 27 July 2013

If you ever think of going on a trip to the RED CENTRE, COOBER PEDY is a must visit.In my opinion,this place is amazing, with all the underground vacilities, homes ,churches,bars etc.The home we visited was wonderful, the guided tour of the Umoona Opal Mine was fantastic.The guide on our tour was English and a great informative woman she was. 75% of the inhabitants live in these underground dwellings to escape the Summer heat which apparently is extreme. A truly fantastic experience. A camera is a must to photograph the underground Church and the Mine. We were on a tour with a group from all over NZ, we arrived at lunch time, stayed the night here.