“Bit of everything”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Personal greeting by the owners as you walk in is a great touch - lots of interesting wares for sale and a really great cafe - we had the cheese platter it was excellent -quirky garden setting.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The people who own this are lovely and always wanting to help you out with info about the area. They have a small cafe with home made food which is delicious! Very good coffee too! I love the atmosphere, sitting outside with the wild kangaroos is a must. Off course they also have amazing art. A lovely little place to stop for a light meal.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have visited this place on each of our four trips to KI over the years. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, warm and inviting. Nothing is ever too much trouble and they even give you "Local" tips on where to go off the beaten track.The food is delicious, the ambiance relaxing homely and clean too. Attention to detail even extends to the spotless toilet block construction. The art works and gifts are eclectic and even if shopping is not on the agenda it is a great place to take an hour out and relax and refresh away from the madding crowd. Those who criticize the food, please remember it is not a full on restaurant and for somewhere so out of the way I think they do exceptionally well for themselves. We find them to be the most genuine and friendly venue on the Island.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

After having an excellent experience with quad rides, hungry with a child with us ended up in the Rustic Blue!! I wish I was never chosen to visit the place! First thing that went wrong: while in the queue to order the owner took orders and served 8 people before us -smiley is his nick name... However he treated us as a grumpy old man... Probably his name was an euphemism!!!!-. When we finally were allowed to order he was nota ware if the kitchen had what was on the menu!!! His co-manager next to him was not sure either... They didnot check with the kitchen, they took the order - and our money of course- gave USA number and we moved outside waiting for our order! 40 min later when everyone else was served ... We moved in frozen and notified the kitchen staff that we will be inside!!! They didnot have a clue that they had our order outstanding!!! The kitchen lady went to check with the boss ... He was no were around!!! His business partner in a rather blaze style declared she had also no clue what our order was and were is the order slip -- no copies etc--- I wonder if the tax office is aware of the way they conduct their business!!! The non- " smiley" owner appeared lying to our face that the kitchen staff had the order and they lost it!!!! What an excellent boss!!! The kitchen staff declared that never seen it... It was then when slimey smiley showed us his teeth!!! When we asked him our money back and we decided to leave!!! The co owner started telling us stories that they stop serving at 3 but the took our order at 3:30 !!! Yea and other orders after ours that I am not aware if they delivered or not since we left!!! I politely tried to explain to her that there was no sign indicating the time the close, that she was there on the cashier when I placed my order and the fact they extended their service was due to the fact they were having extended time due to Easter holidays ... And after all it was their choice to serv later and thus to make some extra money! I asked my money so we can go somewhere else... She chose not to refund me so there will be no record of their poor conduct!!! I asked a bank refund... All this time smiley in the background was arguing not even trying to save face that he never forwarded the order to the kitchen!!!! And that he lied to my face, was rude and vulgar in a "well being" place... What an irony!!!
About the atmosphere of the place?? Not rustic... Extremely pretentious a place where wildlife- in a form of kangaroos in enclaves where situated next to a terrible food - as per the other comments ....or no food asper our experience- cafe that sells amongst everything towels, fake jewellery and metal pretentious artwork!!!!
When I return to Penneshaw wee were discussing our experience with few locals in the Penneshaw hotel pub- where we end up to eat and where the food is AMAZING!!! And the said that this was the feedback they had from others too!!! We donot know who has made these "excellent" comments and how they got this rating!!! The trip advisor should request some feedback on the way the conduct their business!!! The worst ever especially because smiley - the owner never had the dignity to apologise!! He actually dared to told us ..""" We expect if we delay to come and let us know""" what a professionalism!!!

3  Thank AlexandraHoleva2014
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Interesting mix of artists on display and a variety of forms. Unexpectedly well setup for the middle of no where. The food however was pretty disappointing, just average and fairly overpriced. Plunger coffee, no machine, ok but when the national park visitor centre can have one you'd expect a cafe in a flash gallery to step it up a bit. Baguette was listed as suitable for two, was nothing special and suitable for one. Meatballs were again ok ,but nothing amazing, you needed to get a side salad to make it a meal. Lovely surrounds otherwise.