“Very worthwhile for real results that last!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kangaroo Island Health Retreat
Kangaroo Island Health Retreat
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Kangaroo Island
Perth, Western Australia
“Very worthwhile for real results that last!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

I went to Kangaroo Island Health Retreat on the recommendation of my friend who swears by it, and I was not disappointed. Sue provided a thorough, no nonsense but caring approach to getting me back on my feet after complete corporate burn-out. The detox worked; the long walks, yoga and pilates were very beneficial, as was getting a good understanding of proper nutrition and how our bodies work. KIHR is set in a beautiful tranquil rural location and I felt fantastic when I got back home! It has put me back on track to taking care of my health.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank Angeltravels88

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I found my stay at KIHR to be an enjoyable and valuable experience which left me feeling much healthier and fitter than I arrived.
I would highly recommend it.

Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

And I feel fantastic.Sue was an absolute inspiration. I had been floundering for a long time and finally feel like I am back on track.The stunning location cannot fail to make a lasting impression. I decided to go to KI after a friend of mine recommended it. She looked so fabulous I just had to go.The rooms were a little basic but I was not looking to be pampered I was looking for results.That is exactly what I got. I learnt so much and feel equipped to live a happy healthy lifestyle.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank suzannahp2007
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

Having never been to a Health Retreat I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved my time at KIHR, I'm definitely feeling fitter and healthier. The location was beautiful, the exercise was great I really enjoyed the beach walking and yoga, the food was yummy and I loved the massage and facial. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank superstarsrule
Bendigo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

Kangaroo Island Health Retreat overlooks pristine Emu Bay, which is a great escape from it all.

The lodgings are comfortable, not glamorous, so not a pamper retreat.

It was hard work for the first couple of days, with heaps of stretching, exercise and caffeine headaches (curse you morning coffee!!) but by the end of the week, I felt rejuvenated, lost some weight and for the first time in ages not tired.

The operator is a bit of a health guru, who sometimes can act like a taskmaster!! But she knows her stuff and is really likable. Personally it was what made me apply myself and made all the difference over the course of the week. I have certainly kept it up since I returned home and am feeling great!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Lanno007
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

I just got back from a detox program at Kangaroo Island Health Retreat I look and feel fantastic overall I lost 5kg, I can finally do up my jeans!

Emu Bay, Kangaroo Island is a truly inspiration location and I loved going swimming every day. The retreat was exactly what I was looking for after I’d been indulging a little too much over Christmas/New Year and I needed to get healthy.

I saw the other trip advisor reviews and felt compelled to comment on my own experience because I truly feel inspired from my stay. The rooms are simple but well appointed with views over the bay I had a private bathroom and was definitely comfy. I enjoyed all the exercise and I found Sue (the owner) a great motivator. The nutrition lessons were really informative in fact I’ve already started putting them into practice!

Overall I found the experience truly worthwhile. It is a detox retreat (which is clear on the website!) I suppose if you want to sit around and be pampered it probably isn’t for you, however for me it was exactly what I wanted and needed. I’d definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank dais0075
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

this place is a rip-off, the KIHR website is misleading. By an average persons standards the fitness classes, yoga, pilates, aerobics at KIHR are unprofessional and bit of a joke. Like the 4 reflexology sessions that are basically sticking your feet in a foot rubbing machine bought at an airport? Surpirisingly heating is only available in the communal area, so definitely give the winter months a miss. With no heating allowed in your bedroom it gets freezing if you want alone time. All in all for the kind of money KIHR are asking if you are travelling from a state other than SA you are better off going OS to a genuine health retreat in Langkawi or locally in Australia

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo