“Great place to Stay on a budget”

Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel
Ranked #15 of 53 Speciality Lodging in Hobart
Perth, Australia
“Great place to Stay on a budget”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a great place to stay ,when we arrived there was no one there , but after waiting for around 10 minutes someone arrived and let us to our room,we where jet lagged and needed a rest ,we had a room with a bunk-bed,a desk ,chair and a mirror .

The Staff where knowledgable and helpful gave us the information we needed when we wanted to go places.They even let us keep our luggage behind the counter while we went to Salamanca Markets.

The rooms where clean and where being cleaned while we where there .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
hobarthostel123, Owner at Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello Emma,
thank you for your stay with us, hope to see you around sometime in the future.
Tony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxford
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Having seen that Hobart Hostel was rated quite highly on trip advisor I quickly decided to book it, however I now wish I had looked around a bit more as I was very disappointed with my stay.
When I arrived I felt as if I was not at all welcome, the man at reception was very unwelcoming and did not ask me how I was or how my journey was, it makes such a difference to people who have travelled far and also lone travellers. I was shown to my room which was extremely cold the whole stay, the beds however were sufficiently comfortable. The next morning someone came into the room to "clean" which consisted of a lady spraying some sort of cleaning product into the air and all over the beds - wasn't really cleaning to me? Showers were hot and nice but again the bathroom was freezing!! I feel there was a severe lack on comfort in this place!
The kitchen is fine and just about clean enough, I went for plastic cutlery rather than using the metal cutlery as it was all a bit dirty but I suppose that is not the hostel's fault.
For me the hostel had a severe lack of any atmosphere, it was cold, dark and felt more like an empty box than a comfortable place to stay. There didn't seem to any staff available other than an unfriendly man (who I'm guessing is the manager) who seemed rude and unhelpful. If I could give any travellers some advice it would be to shop around for your hostel - I definitely made the mistake of picking here because I thought I could rely on reviews but every view is different and maybe I was just unlucky. Also a tip for the owner or manager who replies to comments on Trip advisor..maybe you should reply with a little more grace and maturity as people do read reviews and replies and can see that you are not the friendliest of people and it certainly puts people off staying at your hostel.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Charlottlelucy05
hobarthostel123, Owner at Hobart's Accommodation & Hostel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello,
I thank you for your recent stay at our family hostel. Related to your comments, I do not know how to reply ! Probably the best way is not saying nothing, because all what you have commented simply does not make any sense for the service and installations we offer to all. Other potential guests, if anyone read what you wrote, soon understand that you are not fully capable on you mind.
Have a great day.
Owner/manager
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed three night there in mid June. First moment, I was a bit afraid because with the weather the room was a bit damp and cold, but with the spare heater and the people in the room it got warm and comfortable quite quick. The hotel is not in the center but not far at all. it's worth the price you pay for it, don't be too demanding for what it cost. The bed sheets are clean and the room is ok. The bathroom could be improved ( seat of the toilet was loose, no latch on one of the shower door...).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hello,
Winter season in Hobart can be a bit nasty ! we cannot do much about, is a mother's nature issue.
Try to come down to Tasmania in the spring / Summer season, you will be very impressed for sure.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed at the ensuite room, location was good, the service was good, the size of the room was tiny,the bathroom was small as well and very close to the bed. During this trip, for the same cost we stayed at a motel in hobart which had a much bigger room and bathroom, but slightly far from the CBD. Overall, the room was decent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello, thank you for your recent stay with us, appears that you have stayed on a compact on-suite room. Yes they are small; but comfortable enough for our standard as a "Hostel" We have larger rooms on the first floor, next time you like to come over, please let us known and if possible we will provide to you a better room for few extra dollars.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hostel is right in town and a short stroll to the Salamanca area. The rooms are very comfy and the shower we had was perfect! At well under $100 a night you get great value and for people on a budget Hobart Hostel is perfect. A tip: we hired a car, which you can park out front, day 1: mount field national park, day 2: port Arthur area Day:3 Mona and Huonville. Total for accommodation in this time a bit over $200 and car about $150, between 2 people that's great value and you can see a lot of the beautiful Apple Isle

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Henry_Henry_00
Hello Henry,
Pleased having you around for a short while with us at this bitter winter season.
We would be glad to see you again in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

In went to hobart hostel for three nights and it was really cold but thanks to the heater you can be warm during the night. Water shower was always hot and the room was clean and had lots of room. The owner is really friendly and all the hostel is relaxed. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chiara P
Hello,
Thank you for your stay with us, lets hope to you again in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We are really impress with the cleaniness. All staffs the owner are very helpful and friendly, it was our first visit to Tasmania. Good location, convenient to move around. Clean kitchen for cooking with fridge to store food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello,
thank you for your stay with us recently and your feed back related to your experience at our family hostel.