Quarry Salamanca
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Argyle Motor Lodge(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$84
Fountainside Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$84
Agoda.com
Best Western Balmoral Motor Inn(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Quest Savoy(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$92
Agoda.com
Mantra One Sandy Bay Road(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
Agoda.com
Customs House Waterfront Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$101
  • Breakfast included
US$66
All reviewspros great locationexposed stone wallsromantic staythe cafe downstairsthese apartmentsdeep bathno elevatorsaturday marketself containedcouple of nightswatermanzumsalamancaconvicthewnmirrorcons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2010

the Quarry on Salamanca place is a great modern hotel/ apartment. It is noisy but bring some earplugs if you are staying the week end and you ll be fine. The hotel is situated in the heart of all the attractions. I do recommend the Peppermint Bay Cruise and the Salamanca market on Saturdays. Next to the Quarry you have a fruit & veg market is you want to eat @ "home" but if you fancy some exquisite Tasmanian food you have plenty of choice with all the great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I loved the room, the decor etc and the position was great. I was on the top floor at the front and didn't find the noise from the bar and street a problem at all. However I did find the fact that I could hear absolulety everything that went on in the next door apartment very disconcerting. It is unusual to be able to hear cutlery clinking on plates in the next apartment and i now know more than I ever wanted to about the lives of the people next door. Thank god we never met! I am going back to Hobart in November and won't be staying or recommending this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Josephine14
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I booked my stay at the Quarry Boutique Apartments before I read any of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Most of the reviews were bad - really bad - and I was nervous about staying there, particularly over the weekend.
The apartments themselves were lovely. There was everything you expected of a boutique apartment. (Oddly though, there was no phone.) What I was most nervous about was the night noise, because the Quarry Boutique Apartment is situated just above the bar, and Salamanca Place is a night spot that gets very very noisy on the weekend. While I could hear noise (and I booked a room at the back of the hotel to limit noise), it wasn't loud. However, if you're a light sleeper, you'd find it difficult to get to sleep. (I would recommend The Old Woolstore Apartments in this situation; however, it is not in the same style, but is very comfortable nonetheless.)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 1 September 2010

OMG! What is it that people don’t get? “…no air conditioning, poor lighting, dusty from exposed walls” (see below). These flats offer a unique opportunity to stay right in the middle of bustling Salamanca Place. And more than that, in an environment interfacing cutting-edge design with exquisitely expressed heritage. I’m sorry, but WE LOVED IT. Nestled above the hum of the hustle and bustle of people enjoying themselves, bathed in subtle (and adjustable) lighting, wrapped in an envelope of 170 year old timber and stone construction. And that’s all before you get to the wonderful king-size bed, the subtly coloured leather divan sofa and the gorgeous bath with a view. If you want a stay-at-home experience, stay at home. If you want edgy and sophisticated in Hobart, it’s The Quarry.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KandRMelbourne
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We picked this place to stay despite the mixed reviews that I had read here on tripadvisor. This mainly due to it's proximity to the Salamanca Markets and harbour. We booked the Market Apartment for the Friday and Saturday night, because it was meant to be quieter.

When we went to bed at midnight I thought we were going to be ok with regards to the noise, but I felt that it actually got noisier as the night (morning) went on. I am not so much complaining about the noise as such because I knew that there would be some noise, but more to share wit others so that they can make an informed decision before booking this place, because the king sized bed might be nice, but it's not much good when you are laying there WIDE awake!!

Other disappointments in this place included, chipped crockery, vinyl coming away from the wall in the bathroom, and NO bin in the kitchen (only a tiny bin in the bathroom). Also there is NO parking provided, so is just another problem/concern when you have a car (you can't park on salamanca place from 5am to 3pm on saturday due to the market).

I just expect more for my money - next time we stay in Hobart we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple