“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Hobart
Melbourne
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I had to fly to Hobart without notice when a family member became critically ill and admitted to Royal Hobart Hospital to undergo life saving surgery.The hospital is a 4 minute walk away.

When I rang to book my accomodation, the staff member that I spoke to boooked me in without hassle.

I arrived several hours later (looking worse for ware after the emotional stress and travel) I was assisted to my room and given the directions to the hospital.

When I returned the same staff member asked how my family member was, if there was anything that I required and even though it was late (after 10pm) had I eaten and could they get me something light to eat. This is way more that I had expected and greatly appreciated.

As my stay has been on a day by day basis (due to medical condition of my family member) on one Saturday night there was no accomodation available, Kristy (staff) arranged alternate accomodation for me at a nearby hotel for the night and for my transfers to and from. Again more than expected and greatly appreciated.

The rooms are clean, well maintained and quiet. I have stayed in two different rooms (2 & 9) and both have not been noisy. There is a guest laundy where you can do washing & drying for $2 combined.

A cooked breakfast is included into your tarriff. For $70 a night I could not ask for a better more conveniently located property. The staff here are amazing and go way beyond the normal run of the mill stuff. However evening meals are not available and dining in the area late at night after leaving the hospital is limited.

Whilst I choose this accomodation based on its location to the hospital I would be happy to return in the future with my partner for pleasure.

Room Tip: no room advantages all rooms are the same all provide value for money
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here one night for a weekend visit to Hobart. It is in the town centre which is basically deserted on weekends. Short walk to Salamanca and a convenient base for sightseeing.
The room was nice and newly renovated. But during the evening our toilet broke. There are no staff on site overnight and we had to put up with a leaking broken and smelling toilet until the next morning.
The hotel is over a pub which isn't the classiest of venues. We thought we would have a nightcap there - but it closed before 9:30 on a Saturday night! In the morning, however, it was much busier. There were a dozen or so dodgy drunks having beers at 8am while we were having breakfast.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

i booked my room the night before. I got a recently renovated room with full r/c aircon, cooked breakfast, immaculately clean everything and all for 85 bucks in the heart of hobart. I really have nothing i can fault with this place. I couldn't find the tv remote (who cares) but the lovely staff said they would grab one from another room if they could, but as all rooms were booked they offered me a glass of wine instead. I don't get treatment this good when i pay 140 plus. I was really impressed by this place. Incredibly good value and i hope they succeed.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank daniel p
melbourne australia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights on a quick budget trip to Hobart. Our room 9 on the first floor was overlooking the Beer Garden at the back of the hotel which we thought could have been a problem noise wise, but didnt worry us much at all as it closed promptly every night at 2200. The morning after Anzac Day though, we were woken at 0540 by someone moving chairs and cleaning in the Beer Garden..thank goodness that didnt happen any other morning!
The room itself was smallish but adequate. On arrival, the floor looked like it hadnt been vaccuumed as we noticed a few pieces of glass in the carpet. This was quickly fixed by the staff.
The queen bed was very comfortable, with good pillows and linen. The bathroom was large and clean, towels thick and good sized, with even a hand towel.
Tea and coffeee facilities were provided and a fridge (with no goodies to tempt us!). All in all, we had everything we needed. Reception on the TV was poor, much to my husband's disappointment.
Breakfast was adequate- either eggs or cereal or pancakes with help yourself juice, tea and coffee.
Locationwise, it was excellent and within walking distance to pretty well everything in central Hobart and Battery Point. All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly.
Yes, I would stay again, but if you book please remember it is a pub hotel, without room service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

great place to stay, friendly staff and breakfast is free and very good .
would stay here next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CHRIS W
Lewes, England
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here twice on our recent trip to Tasmania. Both rooms were quiet, clean and spaceous. Breakfast was included in the price, although you had to pay extra if you wanted anything other than very basic. We didn't have a car but the hotel is very central and within walking distance of just about any touristy place you are likely to want ot visit in Hobart (can recommend the walk by the stream to the Cascades Brewery and the Female Convict Factory), except, perhaps MONA. Compared with most of Hobart's accommodation, the price is extremely reasonable. We were unaware of any noise from the pub or the pokies.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martin H
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Being a pub we were a bit worried but we need not have been. The stairs to the rooms have a seperate locable entry and, anyway, the pub closes pretty early, even on weekends. It was really quiet at night (except for a pedestrian crossing beeping) and the room was a great size. There were three of us, the room had a queen bed and a single and there was still heaps of room. A nights stay includes breakfast which was cooked to order (eggs, omlettes, pancakes all available) with juice and tea/coffee help yourself. The hotel is around the corner from the main shopping mall and a very easy walk down to the waterfront. We can be quite snobby about accomodation and were very satisfied with this hotel for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Just be aware, if you'll have heavy bags, that the rooms are upstairs and there's no lift.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family