“Furious owner!!!”

Battery Point Manor
Ranked #10 of 28 Hobart B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I emailed Roz to make a booking. She said she has only 2 standard en-suite available. So I called in to check if they serve breakfast and to find out more about the property.

Her is what she said
me: "do u serve breakfast"
owner: "We do not serve breakky"
me: "Can you tell me how far are the 2 ensuites from each other"
owner: "See I have another room. But I dont think this will suite you"
me: "But can you please tell me how far are the en-suites from each other"
owner: "See I cant help you"
me: "But I am just trying to find...."
owner: "I cant help you. Bye"

I just dont get it!!! I don't think I deserved that! Utter humiliation. It left me so upset the entire day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank sasha B

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We rolled up to find a note on the door directing us to collect our keys, which all went as planned. The rooms are large and clean and all the facilities you need are to hand in either the room or the communal rooms. I did have to rehang a curtain which had fallen off its rails and found the hooks had all gone, so had to do a bit of jury rigging. The owner was very welcoming and friendly when we met her, but it is the attention to detail that is missing that could make this a great place to stay. Very close to local cafes and deli's and the Salamanca markets, it is in a lovely location in Hobart. However, we were not aware that there was no breakfast due to 'kitchen renovations' and as a result feel the accommodation is very over priced. This was not clear on booking our accommodation via the internet - only discovered on arrrival - so beware!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob G
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed here 5 years ago and were hoping the hospitality would have improved, but it is worse. No one to greet us, just a note on the door saying where our room was. When we found our room the door was wide open and a child came wandering out. No tea and coffee or refrigeratir in the room, though it was spacious enough to easily accommodate one. Instead you had to use the facilities in the pokey communial room. Cracked cups on the dresser, a washing-up bowl of dirty cups and a large woman sprawled on the couch having her toenails painted was not exactly welcoming. No breakfast included in the price, although a large sign outside advertised it as a B&B. Our room could have been very nice, but the shower dripped noisely all night, the curtains had come away from their rails and there was no soap. Next morning there was still no host or hostess and at 9am we rang the given number to say we wanted to check out. We were told she would ring back. We waited 15 mins but no call came so, wanting to get on our way, my husband phoned again. He was told she wasn't in her office and she would phone us later to get our Visa details. Three days later, having not received the promised phone call, my honest husband rang to give her our payment details. If you aren't fussy about standards, don't want to see your host or hostess and aren't particular about privacy then this place will suit you. But we will NEVER stay there again.

No one to check us out at 9am

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BibiTasmania
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Upon arrival we were impressed with everything. Our rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The beds were even more comfortable. The rooms and the bathrooms were serviced daily. A small kitchenette offers tea and coffee facilities and is close to all the rooms. Refrigerators are available to keep drinks and/or food cold.
There are cafes close by in Battery Point if you didnt want to walk to far for breakfast with Salamanca and Constitution Dock only a short walk. Hobart City is also accessible on foot.
Plenty of personality and charm and the outside verandah gives amazing views of the harbour.
Our hosts at the manor were approachable and great to talk too. If we had any problems (which we didnt) they were only a call away if they were not around.
The negative feed back seems petty and the complaints tedious. I travel to Hobart when I can and Battery Point Manor will be the place I stay at.

Room Tip: Contact the owners (number available on their website) and have a talk. Roz is a fun quirky personal...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2012

What an amazing stay. will be staying again when we come back to Hobart. It was a very comfy stay. will be giving my recomendations to family and friends. its only a 5minute walk to Salamanca and restaurants.
the owner is such a lovely lady she made us feel very welcome

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We arrived to find no host or hostess, note on front door to find Keys in mailbox and a scrawled map pointing to cafe's Both our parties rooms were very spacious but lacked tea or coffee making facilities, no soap in rooms, old tv's one with remote missing. So called guest lounge had only one two seater couch a side table to hold jugs of water to fill a kettle (only one) guests dirty dishes including dirty plates left in a plastic bowel left overnight and not cleared. We did not see the host/hostess at all,not even to settle a/c which was just charged to credit details left.. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I feel like I stayed in a different place to the other reviewers!

Our room had no view at all but was great nonetheless: huge amount of space, tastefully furnished (and I'm fussy about that), clean and blissfully quiet.

Room Tip: Our room had no view but was very quiet - depends what's most important to you!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple