Argyle Motor Lodge
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$121
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$102
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$256
US$143
The Henry Jones
The Lodge on Elizabeth(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$90
  • Breakfast included
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$90
US$125
US$104
Wrest Point(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$117
Customs House Waterfront Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$93
  • Breakfast included
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$110
Orbitz.com
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$87
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnorth hobartelizabeth streetexecutive roomdining stripquiet side streetfriendly staff and good locationqueen bedshort drivefriendly receptionistplace to stayfamily roomshower areaown transportwireless internetcrockery and cutlerybeds were comfortablethe ground floor
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here with friends, we rented a car so the distance to the city was not an issue. Very convenient for sightseeing . We stayed 2 nights our beds were clean and comfortable, the bathroom had been newly renovated and the staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms are a little dated but the price is very reasonable, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RapBerry_NSWl
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I paid $99 for it. Room was quite big. Got 1 double and 1 single. (Was told I had an upgrade)
Everything was clean. Couldn't complaint for <$100
Although it would be a bit far to walk to CBD.

Pros. Good services, nice quiet place, parking in front of room

Cons. Would be quite a walk without car.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Date of Stay 14/4/14 - 19/4/14.

My wife & I together with our 4 year old son stayed at the Argyle Motor Lodge (Room 10) in North Hobart for 5 nights from (14/4/14 - 19/4/14) in a Studio Kitchen Room which had a Double & Single bed. I made the reservation directly with the Hotel. The room & bathroom has been newly renovated.

My hotel reservation was handled by Tania from Reception. She was very prompt in replying my emails. She gave us a Studio Kitchen room located on the ground floor and did not charge any extra money for my 4 year old son occupying the room. Tania was very friendly and pleasant to deal with ALL the time. Nothing was a problem or too hard for her to handle . Always happy and easy to get along with.

Check In on the 14th April was a breeze. The lady at reception on the day was Debbie She was very friendly and pleasant to deal with, regarding information about supermarkets and shopping around the area. This also applied to other cleaning staff I had dealt with. All very happy & friendly.

The only downside at check in was that I had to pay for the 5 nights stay upfront. When I questioned this with Debbie she told me that it was a Hotel Policy.

I have stayed at numerous Hotels around Australia & Overseas and never required to pay for the Hotel accommodation upfront. (If booked directly with the Hotel)

Another Hotel Policy was the beds were not made on a Daily basis, and bed linen were changed after 4 days stay.

The Argyle Motor Lodge was excellent value in comparison to other Hotels reviews as published on Trip Advisor near the City of Hobart.

My decision in selecting the Argyle Motor Lodge was its close proximity to the city by car (5mins) which had many restaurants and other Tourist attractions.

There are 2 shopping supermarkets (Coles & Woolworths) on New Town Road which is 5 mins drive from Argyle Motor Lodge. Other variety shops near Coles are also located on New Town Road.

The Argyle Motor Lodge has Breakfast and Dinner meals. However we did not order any meals from the Hotel as we cooked our own meals. The menus for Breakfast & Dinner are printed and placed in the room for order.

The room was very spacious for the 3 of us. VERY CLEAN & TIDY. The room was serviced on a daily basis. Free WI FI in the room worked efficiently. There was ample on site parking at the Hotel.

The bathroom was spotless and clean. Heating in room worked fantastic. Electric blankets were also provided on the Single and double beds. There were extra blankets and pillows in the cupboard if needed.

The Cooking Utensils, Cutlery & Crockery in the kitchen was sufficient for 3 persons. There was a Microwave and Fridge in the kitchen. LCD TV and a small round table with 2 chairs were also provided in the room.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Argyle Motor Lodge to other customers, and will definitely return back to the Hotel on our next stay in Hobart in the future.

Geoff, Chakriya, & Cameron

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Living123
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on my own. My room was spotlessly clean, good shower with good water pressure, good heating. Quiet, private, had everything I needed. Close to Elizabeth Street cafes and the lovely state cinema. Reception staff could be a bit more friendly. I will definately stay here for my next trip to Hobart. Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Hobart. The reception was helpful in giving restaurant recommendations and helping fix the wifi as there was some technical problems the first night. The rooms were clean and large. There was sufficient carpark. The motel was located close to elizabeth street which had many restuarants if you do not drive (1km). To get to Hobart CBD and all tourist spots by car takes about 5 mins and parking in Hobart is quite easy with many parking slots (free for first hour) are available throughout the city at reasonable price (between $1.20 to $2.50 an hour).

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple