“Deserves it's high ranking”

Mantra Collins Hotel
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is friendly, efficient and comfortable, well located near the main shopping and dining strip, and an easy walk to the waterfront. We stayed for 4 nights during the Dark Mofo festival, and it was also ideally situated next to the concert hall and Theatre Royal. Rooms are modern, with excellent beds, great blockout curtains (you could sleep all day without realising the sun was up!) and good quality tea and coffee provisions. The breakfasts in the cafe downstairs were quick, delicious and generous in size. We booked directly through the hotel website and got a very good value advance purchase price. We also got a free bottle of wine through Trip Advisor!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 36views

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A group of six of us stayed at the Hotel Collins in Hobart. It is in a fabulous location close to the main shopping area, restaurants and wharf area of Hobart. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the one bedroom apartment. We all were in agreement that the beds and pillows were probably the best we had ever slept on. The hotel has a great little lounge room where you can sit for a drink and a catch up, even the magazines are complementary. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definitely stop here on our next visit to Hobart.

Room Tip: Try to get the upper level rooms and upgrade to an apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is centrally located in Hobart city.
We were welcomed by the friendly staff at the reception. The lady was very helpful and pointed out all the places we could visit in Hobart on the map (really useful for us!).
The room was not very big but was quite nice and well equipped. The queen bed was nice and comfy.
Our only little complaint was that the cleaner did not clean the bathroom floor very well as there were a few hair on the floor.
But overall, it was a good stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here everything was nice, clean and spacious. Location close to the Main Street and markets on a weekend. Restaurant downstairs was simply and happy to accommodate for anything and had a coffee ready for me to walk out the door first thing

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel for four days on a business trip, it is highly recommended. The staff were friendly and responsive. The room I had was very spacious. It had a king size bed, kitchennete and dining table. Also, I had a good view over mount Wellington. You can take walk from this hotel to visit popular attractions around Hobart such as Salamanca market, Hobart waterfront, botanical garden and Hobart CBD.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ariwijayanto27
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I can only recommend this hotel. Very pleasant and helpful staff (gave us lots of usueful advices), quite comfortable beds and nice clean bathrooms. There is a laundry room in the hotel (very practical). My room wasn't perhaps very spacious but had a very nice view over the mountains/harbour (I think it was called club room, on one of the top floors). Although the best view was on top floor of the parking situated next to the hotel (hotel guests have a special discount rate). We didn't have breakfast but what we saw, I can tell it look all right (but probably nothing fancy). Location is also very, very good.

Feel free to book a room here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank me_not_likey
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was able to do an early check-in when I arrived at the hotel from Launceston before 1pm. The staff at the reception gave me a room on level 5 and explained that for the room type I booked, the standard rooms are from level 1-6 so I was already put on the second highest floor. Hotel staff were helpful, attending to all my queries promptly. They even provided a complete list of the shops and restaurants available nearby for easy reference upon check-in. It is also in a convenient location with all the amenities, shopping and restaurants nearby. Being the newest hotel in Hobart city, the hotel decor was modern and sleek, with comfortable and clean rooms as well. Although I stayed in a room just in front of the elevator, I was able to rest in peace for the entire stay. On a clear day, I could even see Mt Wellington from the comfort of my room!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo