“Good for business traveller”

Mantra Collins Hotel
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Have stayed here a few times while on business. It's a very clean and convenient hotel located right in the city. The rooms are small but size able for a business traveller. Would stay here again. Staff are really friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel, like most hotels in Hobart doesn't have a big grand entrance like some of the hotels in Sydney do but the serviced 1 bedroom fully contained apartment we stayed in didn't disappoint. It was new, tastefully furnished and spotless. We had free Wi-Fi and the apartment was serviced daily which is really important to me when I'm on holidays. As a mother I don't want to be cleaning up while I'm holidaying but at the same time I don't want to be living in a mess. Each time we left for the day we'd come back in the evening and the room was just as spotless as when we first arrived. The only reason why I didn't give this place five stars is because of the parking. If your the kind that don't hire cars while holidaying then this place would be 5 stars for you but if you do it can be a bit of a pain. There's a few minutes of free parking at the front but otherwise you have to wait until the evening to get free parking or park at the nearby Wollies and pay. It's a bit of a walk if you have kids but if your just a couple it's not too big a deal.

We also had two kids with us and they didn't charge us for them. Some other places we called charge per child even if you don't need the extra bedding. So that was nice of them.

Overall I highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My partner and I shared a very comfortable night here, It was a corner executive apartment with floor to ceiling windows and plenty of space. The room was modern and comfortable with comfy king size bed, with nice neutral decor. All in good repair and clean. Good walk in shower. It is within easy walking distance to Salamanca market, Sullivans Cove, Museum, Botanic Gardens and the city shops . Lovely friendly desk staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the executive corner apartment and it was very good value in comparison with other room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great hotel, close to everything in Hobart; refurbished and modernised, very good rooms, excellent restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Walking distance to city centre, the docks, museums, Mawsons Replica Huts etc etc. Good value for business and for short stays.

Room Tip: There are 2 room suites but also expansive larger traditional rooms; a very good meeting room on 1st...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed in one bedroom apartment king size bed and rollaway bed. I stayed with my older parents. Very impressed, friendly staff, very clean, comfy beds, great shower. What more could you want. Walking distance to the mall and Centrepoint. Room service very good and reasonably priced. Hotel cafe had nice food too, would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank trippers_at_large
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've stayed at the Collins a couple of times over the past couple of months and have found it to be a consistent hotel. Modern and clean rooms with good bathrooms. The staff were generally good - front desk and housekeeping were both friendly and efficient, restaurant staff were not as good but were OK.

The hotel is well-located to the CBD, the waterfront and Royal Hobart Hospital. I had a tiny water glimpse on one visit but the Collins' waterside views are basically blocked by a highrise car park next door. Having said that, the non-water view in Hobart is unusual in that it's nearly as good as the water view. At the Collins and many other hotels, the standard view is back towards Mt Wellington, which is a nice relaxing vista.

Because I was travelling for work, WiFi was important to me when visiting Hobart. The Collins gets a tick for its WiFi, which is included in the room price. It's not blindingly fast (don't try to make a video call) but it was reliable for e-mails, browsing etc.

I just had a couple of little annoyances on each trip that made me try somewhere else on subsequent visits to Hobart. The heating system wasn't working on one stay and the little fan heaters that the hotel provided instead apparently tripped the fire alarm system, so we had an evacuation on a cold Hobart night. I also seemed to be unlucky with my room access cards - on both of my visits they failed and I had to get them swapped over. I can put all that down to bad luck but the thing that niggled me more was that on both my stays the hotel restaurant got my breakfast order wrong and the very young staff didn't seem too concerned either time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We are so pleased we changed our booking from the woolstores ( who were not helpful at all) to Hotel Collins. From the beginning the staff were friendly and helpful on the phone and said they would try to get us a great room with views.
The room is so modern and tastefully decorated with sliding doors to seperate the main bedroom. It also had a large kitchen and almost full size fridge. The views were lovely over the bay and the bridge. The king bed was extremely comfortable. All staff were very helpful and friendly from the housekeeping to the front desk and the restaurant staff. We opted for the full breakfast on day 1 and we didn't eat a thing all day after that until 7 pm. The omelets were fantastic and the breakfast selection excellent with poached fruits , cereals, croissants and more.
The Collins is also very central , easy walking distance to the bay and many shops and restaurants as well as being in a quiet street. Thank you for a lovely stay on our wedding anniversary. We would definitely stay again. Free WiFi was very good also.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Some views would be better than others depending on where you are situate...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family