“Elizabeth street - Great service and food!”
Review of La Porchetta - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Porchetta
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Hobart, Australia
“Elizabeth street - Great service and food!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

La Porchetta in North Hobart has always been one of my family's favourite restaurants. We visit this place sometimes as often as twice to thrice a fortnight.

Service has always been excellent and our food has always been timely and kitchen staff are very amenable. I have ordered some customised food without any problems at all.

Food is great - not fine dining great but definitely value for money. Great atmosphere for families with young children. My kids know the kids' menu activities by heart.

One thing we have noticed though - we try to go on quieter nights (ie, NOT on weekends) as the wait time can be slightly longer and the food portion slightly less! The quality can be a hit and miss on busy nights too - can't really blame the kitchen, I'm sure it'll be the same with many restaurants when it gets crowded.

La Porchetta North Hobart remains our all-time favourite family restaurant.

• Visited February 2014

George Town, Australia
“So-So in North Hobart”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

It was a normal busy Friday night on Elizabeth Street so after being turned away from one busy Thai restaurant and finding others too expensive, we decided to settle for La Porchetta as we were all very hungry and had had previously great experiences with the franchises in Queensland.

There were plenty of free tables and we were seated and waited on quickly and by a friendly young man. The restaurant was surprisingly noisy for how few people were inside. When we arrived the store was bustling with staff but very suddenly it seemed there were very few and one couple behind us actually left because they sat for a long time without being served.

The food was OK - the Mushroom Fettuccine had a big piece of bacon in it (not ideal for a vegetarian), the Antipasto Pizza was way overcooked and the pasta dishes were not overly saucy and a little bland. It was nice to go out and spend time with family and friends but will probably cook pasta at home instead in the future.

• Visited January 2014
Penguin, Australia
“THE BEST VALUE”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

When in Hobart we always eat at La Porchetta in Salamanca. Last weekend we booked a table and as always received the best service and attention. The food choice is excellent and was more than we could eat. Having tried another Italian establishment the previous night, from where we were left very disappointed, this only proved that La Porchetta is the best! The staff are so professional and very friendly - thanks, we will be back on our next visit.

Visited October 2013
Melbourne
“Italian or insult ?”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I must make it absolutely clear that I am reviewing the La Porchetta Restaurant at Salamanca, NOT north Hobart.
Busy and friendly is probably the best I can say. Correct me if I’m wrong, lasagne is made by interleaving layers of pasta with layers of sauce, made with beef mince, béchamel, and cheese. What we were served, as one reviewer so aptly puts, “were huge, stodgy wads of overcooked pasta” – tasteless, inedible, and with no meat in sight. I feel for people that believe microwave slop is actually Italian or even Italian-style – and what is really sad, the ‘restaurant’ caters for families with children, who will grow to think this is the norm. La Porchetta claim “All meals are made fresh with only the finest ingredients” I don’t think so. What I do know is, if Rocco ‘Rocky’ Pantaleo who founded this franchise was alive, he would be turning in his grave.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GladysHilda
Caboolture, Australia
“Great Family location”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Look this is no five star restaurant.
It offers great basic fare in a convenient location.
The sort of place to take the family for a good healthy meal.
The service is great and very friendly.
The menu is very traditional Italian with nothing special,
The atmosphere is a little run down and could do with a refresh.
I would certainly recommend this place for families and good value dining.

• Visited September 2013