“Basic and overpriced”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We attended as part of a large group. The service was prompt, it was very noisy, but given the size of the restaurant it was ok. My husband, my girlfriend and myself ordered pizza, mine was vegetarian, my husbands was the super special and my girlfriend was a meat lovers, they were all tasteless and the crust tasted like yeast. Another diner at our table had the seafood platter and left 80 per cent of it, looked like the squid was cooked in dirty oil, the crumbs had black specks on them. My son had a pocket type pizza and said there was so much ricotta it made him very dry in the mouth. I'll be honest this was far from Italian and very overpriced for the quality of the food. We won't be venturing there again.....disappointing.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Group hadn't made a booking, but La Porchetta (North Hobart) were very accommodating and found a table for 10! Food was excellent and plentiful and service was very quick and friendly.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Please note that this is a review of the branch at North Hobart and not Salamanca. We had a lovely experience here on a busy Friday night. Place was pretty full but the service was friendly and helpful and the food came surprisingly fast.

My husband thought his carbonara was average but I liked it. My seafood marinara was lovely and I would definitely order it again. My entree-sized portion was generous and I imagine the main-sized one would have been huge. The kids had spag bol which they raved about. We left feeling very satisfied and planned to return soon. Went back for lunch on a Monday but it was closed. Pity. Next time we're in Hobart, we'll definitely be going to La Porchetta in North Hobart.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I did not enjoy my experience at La Porchetta. I found the service extremely rushed,the food is not traditional Italian. the seafood was disappointing, the pizza ordinary. I would not go again. However, I have to say the restaurant was very very busy,lots of families. I assume it is popular with people wanting a child friendly place. I found the whole thing "mass produced'. the décor was not reminiscent of any Italian restaurant It felt more like a fast food joint.The one thing that I found most disappointing was when I went to pay the bill the waiter actually asked me "did you want the change". To tell the truth I didn't want the change but I found his comment so insulting that I took the change. I would not go back .

Reviewed 16 February 2014

La Porchetta in North Hobart has always been one of my family's favourite restaurants. We visit this place sometimes as often as twice to thrice a fortnight.

Service has always been excellent and our food has always been timely and kitchen staff are very amenable. I have ordered some customised food without any problems at all.

Food is great - not fine dining great but definitely value for money. Great atmosphere for families with young children. My kids know the kids' menu activities by heart.

One thing we have noticed though - we try to go on quieter nights (ie, NOT on weekends) as the wait time can be slightly longer and the food portion slightly less! The quality can be a hit and miss on busy nights too - can't really blame the kitchen, I'm sure it'll be the same with many restaurants when it gets crowded.

La Porchetta North Hobart remains our all-time favourite family restaurant.