“Could be anywhere.”

Dome
Ranked #420 of 634 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Really clean and tidy with great customer service.
What you would expect from any franchise type establishment anywhere in Australia.
It would have been nice to have some Tasmanian Fare on the menu.
If you are looking for somewhere clean, comfortable and not to stretch you boundaries then this is for you.
There is a good range of menu items and some good hearty fare for those cold Tassie days.
Recommended.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is a clean, tidy establishment.It is what you expect from a franchised coffee shop.
Service is a bit slow, not somewhere to go if your in a hurry for a quick bite to eat

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I would like to make a complaint about an act of discrimination by the Manager of Dome Elizabeth Street Mall, Ms Alirah. On Sunday 18 August 2013, I was having brunch with some close friends. I never had a bad experience at Dome and always had a good impression of its customer service. However, what happened today has drastically changed my opinion of it. My friends were sitting with me and we were having pancakes when Ms Alirah pointed out to the condiments on my table. They included peanut butter, honey and vegemite. Honey was to be used for tea for all 6 of us while peanut butter was to go with the pancakes. My friend took vegemite for me because I wanted to try it as many local friends have told me to give it a try. While Ms Alirah served us our pancakes, she pointed out to the condiments on the table and asked if we were having all of it with our food. I replied yes and she gave a smirk. My complaints are as follows:

1. There was no reason why she had to ask why we took those condiments because it was provided for customers to take it.

2. I walked up to her to clarify why she asked me about the condiments. She replied that it was and I quote "ridiculous" for someone to eat those condiments with pancakes and that they "should only be for customers who ordered toast".
There was nowhere in the menu or any signage stating that "ONLY" customers ordering toast should take the condiments.

3. I clarified with her that I was a paying customer too and that I would like to understand why she was talking to me in that manner. She brushed me off hastily and said that "I'm very busy right now." I asked her for her name and she said while walking away "It's Alirah and please feel free to write in on your feedback. Many people do it anyway." Rather than responding politely, she challenged me to write in to feedback about her behaviour.

Having worked as a waitress before, I understand how it feels to have a busy restaurant. This was also the reason why I wanted to clarify her actions and give her the opportunity to apologise for her rude behaviour. To my surprise, she raised her voice and said "Sorry I do not have the time to entertain you."

Throughout my stay in Tassie, I was impressed with the impeccable service provided by many wait staff in the various restaurants I have visited. However, this experience has showed me otherwise. I'm deeply disappointed that some waitresses or restaurant managers think they have the right to tell off customers just because they had a bad day and are looking for someone to vent their frustration on. I'm even more disappointed that the manager responded more rudely to me despite the fact that I gave her a second chance to explain herself.

Even though Dome is just a cafe, customers should not expect to have their meals ruined by unnecessary rude behaviour from waitresses, much less managers. I would like Dome Elizabeth Street Mall to respond to my complaint as I believe there needs to be some service recovery done in view of the above event.

4  Thank cathrynneo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Had breakfast here for 2 days while on a business trip to Hobart. Menu choices were plenty. Food and coffee were good too.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Would have liked Dome to offer that little bit more.
Very much a pay at register and take your number service.
Took a while to arrive and when coffees came they were not hot. Smooth tasting coffee but Dome was lacking something else that such a great location could offer!