“Great Tour of Hobart and MONA”

Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$107.72*
and up
Tasmania Super Saver: Hobart Sightseeing Coach...
Ranked #3 of 7 Transportation in Hobart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Tasmania is a long established Tasmanian owned premium sightseeing company. Gray Line offers the largest and most comprehensive range of premium sightseeing tours in Hobart and Launceston.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Gray Line's MONA and City tour is a great way to see the sights and experience the amazing museum MONA. The coach driver for the city tour was very passionate about the city and a wealth of knowledge. He told some amazing stories and kept us feeling very comfortable as he weaved through the streets of Hobart. The stop at the Botanical Gardens was our favorite stop. After the city tour there was a short break (enough time to grab some lunch) and then we were off to MONA on the MONA ferry. Thirty minutes later we arrived at the museum. MONA is an amazing collection of old and new art (hence the name) the building it self is just as amazing. After our time at MONA we caught the ferry back to Hobart. This tour felt very well organised and was the highlight of our time in Hobart. I highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Hobart.

Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your tour with us! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in Tassie again soon!

All reviews
"botanical gardens"
in 12 reviews
"bonorong wildlife sanctuary"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"lavender farm"
"points of interest"
"convict settlement"

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Having briefly been to Hobart before but not spent much time looking around we decided to go on this tour, especially as I was recovering from an operation it seemed a good way of seeing the sights.
The driver was very knowledgable and friendly and gave a good account of all the areas and sights we visited.
We were given enough time at some locations to have a look around and enjoy the sights. At the Botanical Gardens the driver was very helpful when I stated that I couldn't walk the distance involved and we stayed on the bus and got off at the pick up point for a bit of a look around.
The tour was a good overall look at Hobart and certainly gave the tourist ideas of what to return to in the future

Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review and compliments! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time on your tour with Gray Line. Hopefully we will see you again some time soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We traveled to Port Arthur with Gray Line and found it to be a wonderful experience. Our friendly coach driver (Graham) picked us up on time in his beautiful modern and clean coach. Around the city we picked up a few more passengers before heading to Port Arthur. Our drivers commentary was fantastic, interesting, funny at times and in all enjoyable. Once arriving at Port Arthur everything was well oranised for our group. Our driver collected the ticket and gave us an orientation of the historic site. The organised walking tour at Port Arthur was excellent and very informative followed by a short harbour cruise. We also had enough time to explore the historic site in our own time. Port Arthur historic site is an amazing and beautiful place to see. By the end of the day we were safely returned to our hotel in the comfort of the Gray Line coach. I'd highly recommend this stress free, relaxing and enjoyable way to see Port Arthur. Thank you Gray Line.

Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Andrew

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your tour to Port Arthur Historic site with Gray Line! Thank you for your excellent feedback.

We will pass your compliments onto your coach captain Graham. We are sure he will be very pleased to receive your compliment.

We hope to see you on another Gray Line tour again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

10 year anniversary disaster courtesy of Gray Line! The driver of the couch failed to pick up my wife and I from our designated pick up point in Launceston. The Gray Line helpline is in Melbourne and no representative in Tasmania could be contacted, the driver was MIA, no apology or information on expected timeframe from Gray Line. We waited an hour and phoned them to cancel the trip and for a refund (which we have not yet recieved!). Everything in Tasmania was awesome exept for this experience which put a dampner on the holiday. We have never used Gray Line Tours before and never will again!

2  Thank Amber T

Dear Amber

Thank you for your review even though it is very disappointing to read. I understand Leah in the customer service team has been liaising with you via email as well.

We look forward to resolving this for you in a satisfactory manner.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Having done a few similar type tours around the world I was really looking forward to this tour. I tend to do them on my first day to get my bearings and then tend to go out and explore from there. Also a good way to see a city in the pouring rain without getting too drenched as was the case when we visited. In November this tour only runs once a day :( although apparently from Jan 1 to April 30 it runs twice a day. Unfortunately I arrived in Hobart just too late to take the morning tour and ended up doing a different larger bus tour but decided as this tour covered more sites, a smaller group (and vehicle so could go places a large bus couldn't) and usually more commentary, that I'd do it the next day anyway. Have to say I was disappointed in the guide. Due to popularity of the visitor centre, by the time I'd bought my ticket and arrived there were very few seats left and the only one near a window (which I wanted for taking photos) was right at the very back. I was easily the youngest person on the tram but have to say I was struggling to hear the older guide as we toured the city so after checking with a few other patrons who also were battling to hear I made my way to the front and very politely asked if the volume of the speakers could be turned up. I was told (over the loud speaker in a disapproving tone) that that was as high as the volume would go. For a short while he spoke up which improved the details we were able to glean but considering we'd paid to hear this information it was disappointing as I feel like those of us at the back missed the majority of what he was saying. I spoke to others who had done this tour (before I booked it) and they highly recommended it, so not sure if they had a different guide or had a better seat on the bus!

2  Thank chucklingstarfish
Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Tasmania Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback! The Gray Line City Tour is a great way to learn about a new city and joining a tour on an explorer tram is an even better experience. We are very sorry to hear that there were problems with the volume and you struggled to hear. We have taken your feedback into consideration and will review our audio system to try and get to the bottom of it so future customers do not have the same experience as you. Thank you once again.