“reasonable food but pricey”
Review of Suwan Thai

Suwan Thai
Ranked #208 of 645 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

hidden in a covered walkway in salamanca. food was nice but a bit pricey for what you got. serves were on the smallish size. perhaps its the tourist area that it is located in. menu was ok but a couple of my favourites were missing. cooking time was okay snd nice decor.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Have only been here once. We shared a rice and 5 dishes between about 7 of us, it was plenty. I highly recommend the oyster beef. I will definitely be back. Seems a bit cramped inside though so I recommend sitting on the balcony area.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

One of my favorites in Hobart - a wide selection and beautiful flavors. In particular the Penang curry is always very nice here.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

When I first started eating here this restaurant had a great reputation which was well deserved. A very enjoyable eating experience was guaranteed at this eatery. However, the last few times I have been disappointed. Last week the food was SO hot, not only my dish but all other 4 people's meals were overpoweringly spicy. These were not traditionally 'hot' dishes, we all love hot Thai food, but these were extreme. One of our meals had 5 large kaffir lime leaves in this single serve. Also very crowded.....unpleasantly so. And to top it off, my new tights were ruined by the strip of Velcro-like tape under the chairs! Will look for an alternative Thai restaurant in Hobart.

1  Thank 981angelaw
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Both waiters were eating whilst seating customers which didn't set a great level of confidence. My prawn entree was from a packet/frozen and the chilli sauce was commercial sauce, which is fine if price was representative. But over priced. Main calamari was also not fresh, with the fish market not 500m away, disappointing. Price tag too high for the overall quality and experience.

1  Thank muchken