“Cheap 'n' Cheerful....”

Tokyo & Seoul Restaurant
Ranked #276 of 647 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I'd probably give this place three and a half stars rather than four if that were possible. True, it's nothing special but it's also quite cheap and the service is efficient and fairly friendly. The plusses: the tempura was excellent - light and fluffy; small bottle of hot sake $4.50; yakitori, not bad; sushi, ok; gyoza, fair. I thought the tonkatsu was a bit overcooked and dry. Still, overall, not a bad place. I've been there several times and also feel it's a place I can take my five year old son.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I wasn't sure when going here what to expect - however my recent meal was very nice, relatively authentic and cooked fresh to order - and the sushi buffet looked good.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

It is always a challenge to find good Asian cuisine in Hobart so we thought we would try this restaurant in Sandy Bay. It is a basic type of place and they had a sushi buffet - it looked fresh but somewhat limited so we order from the menu. The yakitori was the highlight, gyoza were defrosted, the mains (katsudon and tonkatsu) were pleasant enough, but we have had better. We used an Entertainment Book voucher so got 25% off - otherwise the $39 bill would have been on the high side. Nothing majorly wrong, but nothing that special...

Reviewed 19 December 2012

This place didn't look quite so appealing, but my daughter wanted udon so we stepped in. The udon was just passable but the rest of the items we ordered was not nice. We won't be going back.

2  Thank jchong
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We ordered from the brief menu rather than just having the sushi buffet (sushi is too fishy for me).
The Korean chef prepared a reasonably good donburi and yakiudon. We also enjoyed a type of spring roll as well as gyoza. We didn't get miso soup. It's a bit of a low budget sort of place which makes the cost very reasonable. The nearby chinese restaurant was much more crowded but I was happy with our choice and would return back again in the future.