We stayed one night at the Wrest Point Hotel Casino in Hobart - I had stayed there previously and had enjoyed it. We booked into a Harbour view room - after the free valet parking, we had any easy and informative check-in. Our room had a lovely style - recently refurbished by the looks of things. Great view of the harbour (very relaxing), great bed, good mini-bar and lovely bath/shower (great towels). Very clean and quiet. A friend came over to catch-up with us and we settled into one of the bars (also on the harbour side). Lovely, stylish, relaxing place to have a few drinks and chat. We ordered in-room dining in order to take advantage of the view (we were too tired to dreww-up and go to the revolving restaurant on the top of the hotel . . .) - food was lovely and fairly cheap for in-house dining. Check-out was efficient. We would happily stay here again - while it's a couple of kilometres from Salamanca, it only takes a few minutes in the car or via cab. We also ran along the harbour into Salamanca Place (6kms return) - aside from a couple of killer hills, it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania