We stayed in the tower and had a great view of the water from the ninth floor. The rooms in the tower are not big. Two and adults and 2 kids under 8 fill the room. That is fine as we didn't spend much time there. The rooms are clean which is a big deal for me.
Modern? Not so much. But I'll take clean over that.
The breakfast included in the room was really average at best. For the girls it was fine. A little bit of everything but it was really quite average and not worth the $$.
The property is okay. On. Sliding scale for Hobart it's hard to say, but it's not comparable to what you'll get in the other capital cities. Just so you set your expectations, not to ward you off.
The staff is friendly and helpful. I won't discourage you from staying here, it's nice. It's just not awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. Other key features include: - Free Wi-Fi in all accommodation rooms - Free FOXTEL channels - Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating in all rooms - All non-smoking rooms - Solid constructed rooms for quiet night sleep - Free car parking and valet car parking service available - Saturday shuttle bus service available to Salamanca Market ($5pp return) - Free access to health club with indoor pool, gymnasium, sauna and spa - Free access to onsite tennis court and mini-golf - Comprehensive 24-hour onsite security monitoring and staff - 24-hour Reception and Guest Services Desk - Water ferry services accessible from the hotel pier - Casino entertainment - Live international and national entertainment acts Enjoy the comfort, space and wide-ranging facilities of one of Hobart's premier hotels, a range of entertainment offerings and located close to Salamanca and CBD precincts. Wrest Point is the ideal base for your Tasmanian holiday or business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania