As regular travellers to Hobart Tasmania we thought we would splurge and stay at the upmarket 4.5 star Wrest Point Tower.
The staff were professional and friendly and our room on the 3rd floor of the tower had wonderful views overlooking Sandy Bay, the Derwent River with the Tasman Bridge in the distance.
The room was relatively small, with movable furniture being a desk, 2 chairs, tub chair, round table and queen bed. I had to move the table to access my side of the bed. One glass in the liquor cabinet was dirty and I left this out to be replaced when the room was serviced.
We dined in the Buffet for dinner and the same venue was used for breakfast. On both occasions, the variety of food was poor. I believed they should have focused more on local produce which is in abundance in Tasmania eg salmon, oysters, cheese and wines. and if this increased the cost of the dinner buffet, so be it. We paid $35.00 pp.
Overall we were rather disappointed in Wrest Point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania