Recently stayed at Wrest Point across 2-nights in a tower room. Check-in for myself and my 2 colleagues went smoothly and as outlined in our booking 6+weeks ago, all 3 room charges were placed on the company credit card. This was confirmed upon check-in. Rooms were ok, but outdated. Shower cubicle too small and the shower head un-controllable. My room was more expensive than my 2 colleagues, despite being 3 rooms next to each other, although reception did correct this when I raised the matter after check-in.
Next morning I met with a client in one of the downstairs cafes, after standing in front of the employee behind the counter for 30 seconds, we were finally acknowledged and ordered a cappuccino and skinny latte - but we received a tuna sandwich and some milky substance meant to be a latte. This employee failed the minimal standards for customer service. Upon checking out after the 2-nights, one of my colleagues was requested to pay with their own credit card, and the receptionist stated there was no record of all 3 rooms being on the one credit card - again, customer service failure. Then when I proceeded to check out, and pay for all 3 rooms, reception advised the maximum I could charge to my debit card was $1,000, but the room totals were just under $1,200. Instead of just working with me, the 'guest' I had a receptionist who thought it more appropriate to argue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views, many fantastic dining experiences - including the award winning 17th floor Point Revolving Restaurant - a range of entertainment and genuine Tasmanian hospitality. For accommodation in an amazing location, great service and quality food and wine, look no further than Wrest Point. Choose from 4 Star Water Edge Rooms or superb 4 1/2 star Rooms and Suites in the famous Wrest Point Tower that capture stunning views of the river, majestic Mount Wellington, Hobart city and surrounds. Equal access rooms are available on request in the Tower. Wrest Point also offers a choice of 5 restaurants and 4 bars, from one of Hobart's premier dining restaurants, the Point Revolving Restaurant to the absolute waterfront location of Pier One Restaurant and Bar; to Tassie's best cocktails and live music 7 nights a week in the iconic Birdcage Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Wrest Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wrest Point Hotel Sandy Bay
- Wrest Point Landmark Hotel
- Hotel Wrest Point Landmark
- Wrest Point Hobart, Tasmania