About: One night, one person. Queen heritage room. Room booked through wotif.com as a four star wothotel? - I usually don't mention these providers by name on a rival site, but it is worth noting in this instance...
Check in/check out: Fine enough. Wasn't able to get an early check-in (after a LONG travel day) but all was fine once I waited around a while. Friendly owners at check in. They weren't around at check out.
Service: Note that there is no one on night duty. Once it is 6pm, they're gone (as per all the signs). Car park (see below) is locked at 8pm, with no warning at check in. The owners were friendly but I had the sixth sense that it could have changed quickly.
Room: A big room, with a weird layout. The only window opened to the main corridor/thoroughfare, so for any modesty I had to have the curtain closed. Bed was comfortable but there were signs all over the single bed next to the Queen along the lines of 'don't have anyone here or put your bags here or otherwise it WILL COST YOU $35'. Not that I was going to do any of these things, but the patronising fawlty backpackers vibe of that sign was weird... 'Do not disturb' signs were dirty and had the old hotel chain name on them. Otherwise room was fine. No foxtel, but TV was flat screen at least. I slept well despite the above because I was exhausted. Wifi was free but with small limits and was a bit slow, plus I had to ask three times and wait an hour or two before getting the token.
Bathroom: Small, with a LOUD shower. Wow, that was noisy.
Food: No room service. Breakfast is at pretty limited hours.
Car park: Oh my. As a lot of the comments say, what a joke. There are six car park spaces, three of which will block in other cars. You're meant to leave your keys at reception, but after 6pm they're gone anyway... Fortunately I was there on a quiet night or it would have been a MASSIVE drama.
Other: That picture of the doorman greeting the people is a joke! There's definitely no door person, the stairs are a bit cracked. No problem for someone of my age, but it would be much trickier for the elderly guests in that picture. I wouldn't recommend the place to my Mum with limited mobility.
Overall: Not a 4* hotel. A 3-3 1/2* BNB or motor inn, more like it. It was fine for one traveler for essentially a work trip, but I wouldn't want to pay any more than I did, and it wouldn't be nice at all for a romantic or family getaway.
I had no problems with the 'quirks' but I wouldn't have liked to have any problems...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Listed Hotel is situated in the middle of Hobart City. Close walking distance to major tourist city attractions including Salamanca Place. Limited Parking is available at $15.00 per day on a first in, first served basis. The guest lounge with its beautiful open fireplace and the breakfast restaurant is very contemporary in design. Rooms are large, air conditioned with modern bathrooms. Check in is between the hours of 2pm and 5pm. A convenient Late check in option, at no additional cost, is also available. Check out is 10am Free Luggage storage is available for those guest enjoying the last day in Hobart. A continental breakfast is free to all guests inclusive of Espresso Coffee freshly prepared by our team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Macquarie Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Macquarie Manor Hotel Hobart
- Quality Macquarie Manor Hobart
- Quality Inn Hobart
- Macquarie Manor Hobart, Tasmania