“Great value hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fountainside Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Hobart
“Great value hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Go to this hotel.we are glad we did.lovely rooms king size bed.we were worried about the noise as. I am a light sleeper. But no reason to worry noise was no problem. Breakfast was also good value. Also we were able to leave our car in carpark the next day so we could attend a doctors appointment. Which was very much appreciated. We will be back to this hotel next time we are in hobart

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Indonesian first
Merimbula, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights last October on a special I found on their website. The hotel was fabulous, always helpful friendly staff. Rooms spacious and very clean. Huge comfy beds and yes unbelievably cheap mini bar. Nice buffet brekky downstairs with more friendly staff and cheap.
Off street parking for no cost I recall. Short stroll down to the docks in hobart.
Will definately stay again when we come to hobart!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a top floor superior room. I would recommend this place to stay in Hobart close to the docks (500m) and cbd. Good breakfast at very reasonable price. Our room was quite spacious. This is no luxury hotel but it is clean functional with helpful staff. Everything worked. After we learned the way to drive down Hobarts one way streets and park the car efficiently, our stay was enjoyable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at the Fountainside for three nights on arrival at Hobart. The staff are friendly and very helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable.
We had breakfast and dinner each day - the prices are very, very reasonable and the food was great. Drinks were also a very reasonable price.. The hotel is conveniently located just off the highway but there was very little traffic noise and is also close to the city centre. We can highly recommend if and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Lismore, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our last night in Hobart before an early morning flight the following morning. Room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Hubby had twisted his ankle quite badly that afternoon and a request for ice was not a problem and quickly provided, as was room service so he could keep his food up. Food was tasty and really well priced. The staff were friendly and helpful. Close walking distance to local restaurants and attractions. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Our room was right near the lift which was a little noisy but just being picky.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheBarovskys
Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Recently I had cause to stay in Hobart, a very emotional reason, I needed somewhere close to the Royal Hobart Hospital as my mum was in the ICU, I was flying in from overseas at short notice. The staff at Fountainside moved mountains to accommodate me for the initial 3 nights. Due to it being high season in Hobart I doubted I could extend my stay but these wonderful people proved me wrong. Not only did they find me a room, initially I was going to need to change rooms each day but they co ordinated for me a studio room as my aunt and uncle had flown down from QLD as well. We left the hotel early morning and spent the days at the hospital and returned at night to a wonderfully cooked meal by the superb chef and staff in the dining area of the hotel. Soup, Salad and main course accompanied by tea, coffee or milo for under $25.00. We ate at the hotel each night and were never bored with the selection. Breakfast in the mornings was incredible, a hot breakfast of sausages, bacon, eggs, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, cereals, breads, fruit, juices...whatever your choice may be. Again the price was excellent , under $12.00 and the hot food was wonderful. The rooms are spacious, super clean, large TV cable, double glazed windows stop any sound from outside. The staff ,,,,,,,,, they and by they I mean all staff were so supportive, compassionate, considerate, thoughtful and so helpful. I cannot fault any of the girls who work there. One person stands out for me and that was Alison, front desk , she went the extra mile for me on two occasions as well as offered emotional support during a very stressful time. Never before have I received such warmth at a Hotel. The staff at the Fountainside Hotel are all one of a kind and the Manager of the hotel has done fine job in training them all. They know their jobs. The hotel is not just close to the Hospital it is very close to the Salamanca markets and waterside, just a short walk and your there. Plenty of parking at the hotel also. Oh and another thing, the Hotel does not rip you off for bar fridge items i was amazed, the items were the same price as store bought and in some instances cheaper !!...Ladies and ALL staff at the Fountain side Hotel your the best !!!

Room Tip: The corner studios are great as they have a little kitchenette and great views. Queen bed and two si...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank WellHeeledAussie
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel is an easy walk from the waterfront, has lovely rooms, great food, cheap drinks from the bar and friendly staff who are prompt to fix anything and offer helpful service. Up on the fifth floor I had a lovely view, the room was quiet and spacious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends