Rydges Hotel Hobart
Graham Apartments(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Hotels.com
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$101
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$127
US$179
US$119
Agoda.com
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$103
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$98
US$120
US$100
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$205
Islington Hotel(Hobart)
US$289
US$264
Agoda.com
All reviewsmain buildingfootball ovalelizabeth streetold buildingsitting roomquiet locationold world charmold styleshort drivelarge bathroombed was very comfortablecity centrebreakfast was includedhire carfree parkingmicrowavemanor
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here on two separate nights as I booked online as Rydges had a sale on. First night stayed in a two bedroom apartment can't list all the the things that weren't real up to standard especially for Rydges. Hardly any thing to cook with even though is listed as a apartment for self cooking , stove really old found a sock down the side of lounge chair .The bed was comfortable and the shower hot location ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HobartManager, Manager at Rydges Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are due for a refurbishment towards the end of the year.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed four nights and when we checked in and was greeted I will not say welcomed, went to our room and found the curtains in the bedroom hanging off the rails and could not be closed, similar in the living room, I contacted reception and told that it would be fixed in the morning, meanwhile I carried out makeshift repairs to allow us to close the curtain. then found kitchen cupboard door hinge in need of repair, dining table chocked by cardboard to stop it rocking, broken drawer in the bedroom. The bed was great but was shocked to find the additional pillows that I placed on the cupboard were caked in dust that had been there for months. We were also concerned with the shower in the bath with a shower curtain would have expected at least a separate shower, it was extremely slippery and quite high for my vertically challenged wife. The following day the repairs were not carried out and contacted reception and was assured that they would contact me which they never did. the silly thing is that housekeeping had made up the room and picked up the suggestion form but did none of the items I highlighted. The breakfast we had was of a high standard and found the wait staff pleasant as with room service but lacked salt & pepper in room and with the meal which meant steamed vegetables were a little bland. On checkout I was not asked whether I enjoyed my stay but gave my opinion anyway, given an apology and told that an update was underway but felt this was to fob me off, would not recommend, in desperate need of TLC if this was provided our experience an rating would have been a positive one. Not what I was accustomed to with Rydges in other cities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay632014

Thank you very much for both your positive and negative feedback, this is greatly appreciated!

Regarding the maintenance issues in the room, we are very excited to announce that the accommodation rooms will be having a refurbishment towards the end of the year.

We have now ensured that all Reception Staff make it a key point in their check out service, to find out about each guest's stay, as this is very important to us!

We hope to welcome you back to Rydges Hobart soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Poor customer service on check out with comments that even though the room keys did not work that it was just bad luck and our fault. Rooms are tired and in need of renovation, maintenance and repairs should be at least kept to a standard of what Rydges is known for.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

This was an unfortunate error on this day as we had techinical troubles with our room key encoder, however this is no excuse for the service received.

The rooms are due for a full refurbishment later in the year.

We hope you do choose to return to experience Rydges Hobart again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed there for 3 nights back in 2007 with a group of friends. We had a good time travelling together, so we didn't really make a big deal about the rooms. We were even joking saying it was like staying in a retirement village with the aged furnitures from grandma and grandpa.

This year I stayed there for another night and wanted to pick up some memories of my last trip. Guess what, all the "memories" are there! After 9 years, the ONLY thing they changed is the mattress in the room. Everything else is still exactly the same: Very very old and worn furnitures, some cabinet handles are even half falling, lights are not even bright, carpet is soooo aged and looks dirty, cracks in the bathroom everywhere. ..If I were travelling by yourself, I would be a little bit scared staying in the room at night...

I thought the place would be very quiet. Guess what, the hotel staff decided to do the laundry at late night so the washing machine and dryer were running at midnight underneath our room, plus the ventilate fan installed on the laundry room window vibrating with the glasses and making a terrible noise all night...what a nightmare!

The building itself is not that bad, it has its own special style. However, I don't understand why Rydges just keeps it like that for nearly 9 years without doing any renovation. What a waste!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 223lt
HobartManager, Manager at Rydges Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are due for a refurbishment towards the end of the year, which will see updated furnitures and fixures in all rooms. We have had maintenance inspect the laundry extractor fan to ensure this does not disrupt future guests.

Thank you for appreciating the uniqueness of Rydges Hobart's Buildings.

We hope to welcome you back to Rydges Hobart again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The good thing was the upstairs bedroom and the period furniture and that's where it stops as traveller of the world I would rate this hotel as a 2 star not a Rydges so don't be fooled by the name and to be honest I have no idear why the rydges would put their name to this hotel, because I will never stay at another ever, the staff are less than quality staff and have no idear how to meet or greet, and you have to wait around for anyone to serve you this would never happen at the Intercontinental. breakfast is not worth $48.00 a couple, the fridge is old and should be in a rubbish tip and was not on at arrival so the mini bar in fridge would be off, the amenities is less than 2 star, my recommendations to the CEO change your staff and bring the hotel up to standards 3rd world accommodation isn't even this bad better still go to the intercontinental Adelaide where you will be greeted in by excellent staff excellent amenities and quality of every standard, look I could go on and on at the end of the day I would never recommend it feels more like a rundown brothel and the walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HobartManager, Manager at Rydges Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
We are very sorry that your stay with us here at Rydges Hobart was a disappointing one.

We are due for a refurbishment to all accommodation rooms hopefully towards the end of the year or early next year.

We do really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and have taken your feedback on board.

Kind Regards,