I couldn't fault the reservation person when I booked an apartment. She was very helpful when giving me directions to this hotel which I arrived at late at night. When I arrived I could not find a parking spot - on reading reviews, I found that they have 240 rooms and only 140 parking spots. When I checked in, I mentioned that I couldn't find a parking spot and was told to go to an overflow carpark with a boom gate - this too was full. So this did not impress me. Ended up parking in a 2 hour permit zone outside the hotel which had to be vacated at 10am. Now the room. This place is bigger than I thought - 8 stories. The corridor leading to the room was devoid of any character - like a hospital hallway. The room itself was OK - an apartment - roomy yes, had all the utensils etc for a self-catering stay. View looked out to the back of the Grand Chancellor Hotel and faced Macquarie Street. Rooms are not sound proofed. When I went to bed, I got a shock when the person in the room next to me banged into the wall and my bed literally moved. I could hear people talking. As it was cold, I put on the electric blanket but it took forever to heat the bed up.
Would I stay here again - probably not or if I did I would make sure I was out for as long as I could. I checked out the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania