This was a great hotel a lovely entrance with an unusual atrium type walkway down to the rooms. The rooms with a nautical theme were very quaint , the bedroom on a mezzanine level. The whole hotel is on a pier so the view looking down onto the harbour was great. We had a nice fish and chip feed for dinner from a shop also on the pier maybe a little pricey. The location was great and the price reasonable for what u get. Will be going back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a conversion of a 1930s pier building, award-winning Somerset on the Pier is the epitome of old world charm mixed with contemporary style. Located on the shores of Hobart’s waterfront, each serviced apartment boasts beautiful panoramic views of the River Derwent and historic Sullivan’s Cove. Somerset offers 56 one bedroom and family apartments with complimentary wireless internet, fully-equipped kitchenettes, contemporary decor; and a loft-style design exuding space and comfort, perfect for both the business or leisure traveller. Offering a welcome alternative to a hotel, Somerset is the ideal accommodation for a weekend away or an extended stay. Hobart’s central business district, restaurants, shopping precincts and main attractions including Salamanca Place, home to the famous Salamanca Market, Battery Point, Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery and the ferry to the Museum of Old and New Art - MONA are all on your door step. Hobart is one of Australia’s most picturesque capital cities and Somerset on the Pier is the gateway to exploring everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Somerset on the Pier Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Somerset On The Pier Hobart Tasmania