The staff here are the stand out. They are kind, chatty, and helpful. It's like being welcomed home!!
The room was also great and in the best location. I didn't use the wi-fi but I did see they had some available.
I would definitely stay here again, especially during Taste Festival or if wanting to catch the ferry to MONA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a conversion of a 1930s pier building, award-winning Somerset on the Pier is the epitome of old world charm mixed with contemporary style. Located on the shores of Hobart’s waterfront, each serviced apartment boasts beautiful panoramic views of the River Derwent and historic Sullivan’s Cove. Somerset offers 56 one bedroom and family apartments with complimentary wireless internet, fully-equipped kitchenettes, contemporary decor; and a loft-style design exuding space and comfort, perfect for both the business or leisure traveller. Offering a welcome alternative to a hotel, Somerset is the ideal accommodation for a weekend away or an extended stay. Hobart’s central business district, restaurants, shopping precincts and main attractions including Salamanca Place, home to the famous Salamanca Market, Battery Point, Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery and the ferry to the Museum of Old and New Art - MONA are all on your door step. Hobart is one of Australia’s most picturesque capital cities and Somerset on the Pier is the gateway to exploring everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Somerset on the Pier Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Somerset On The Pier Hobart Tasmania