Stayed here for one night at the end of a trip away. Payed extra for a room with a spa for a relaxing way to end our trip. What we found in our bathroom was extremely disappointing.
Expecting a nice, big, clean luxurious spa, we encountered what I wouuld describe as hardly a bath, with shower overhead and mould surrounding all the "spa" jets.
There was also mould elsewhere in the bathroom. This could be attributed to the lack of ventilation in the bathroom so that when you have a shower everything ends up completely saturated from condensation/steam. It took about half an hour for the mirror to clear up afterwards.
We were on the top floor, with a room right at the end of the corridor, so we experienced no noise from adjoining rooms. We could hear a reasonable amount of noise from the street though.
Our room was a king suite, consisting of 2 large sized rooms, one with a king bed, TV etc and the other with a couple of couches and another TV.
The bed was the highlight of the room. Big, comfortable and clean. The 40 inch TV was nice despite the fact the sport channels would not work.
There was also no air conditioning in the room. I understand that these are currently being installed in all rooms, but when paying over $200 a night (a discounted rate), a room should have what I would say basic things such as AC.
Check in staff were very friendly, and tried to resolve my issue with my bathroom by offering me another room, despite the other room being identical to the one we were in. After declining the offer, no other resolution was offered to me.
All in all, far too overpriced for what we received. The bathrooms need addressing urgently as they are a serious letdown to what is otherwise a decent room.
This is more of a $150 max room a night, not $200+
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hobart (Formerly Mercure Hotel Hobart) is located in the city centre, only two blocks from the main shopping mall. The hotel features local artwork in a contemporary setting, while the 140 rooms have recently been re-decorated to create a modern fresh feel and offer either city or mountain views. It is only a short walk to Salamanca Place on Hobart's historic waterfront, an area well-known for the many restaurants, cafes, bars and the famous Saturday market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Accor Hobart
- Best Western Hobart Tasmania