All reviews embers restaurant room service family room buffet breakfast undercover parking comfortable bed would stay again handy location small balcony within walking distance free wifi per day bit dated an upgrade city centre water front car park
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room was a reasonable size with table and chairs, good size TV, bathroom with bath. Decor is tired and dated however this may improve with new ownership. curtains were effective in keeping the interior dark for a sleepin. Bed and pillows comfortable and clean.
Buffet breakfast not really worth the price. food tasted ok but lacked variety.
I stayed here for 3 nights on a recent business trip however, if I had paid the full room rate myself on a holiday I would have been less than impressed with this hotel. I am sure there are more attractive properties in Hobart than the Best Western.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear lizandpaul14,
Thank you for your comments. We have been busy renovating since we took over this hotel last year and every week we are improving. I hope you can come back and see us in the future to enjoy our refurbished amenities.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Having not had a great stay at a BW in New Zealand I wasn't looking forward to staying at BW HBA following their move from Mercure to BW. But overall it was a good choice, not overly expensive, a good location without being too far from the CBD. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Would I stay here again, sure!

Trip type: Travelled on business
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear A Trip Advisor Member,
It's great to learn that you had a great stay; looking forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed for two nights over Easter and the hotel was definitely overpriced and under loved. The staff were friendly and the bed was really comfortable but that's the end of the good review. We could hear everything that was going on the the adjoining rooms, the corridor and outside. We hardly slept on Saturday night due to being woken up by a fight outside, a bus picking people up at 4.30am and some bright spark shouting about not hiring a Hertz van to a potential customer from the balcony. Kids were running up and down the corridor and the guest laundry was opposite our room - felt like we were staying in a backpackers hostel not a four star hotel. The attention to detail was also missing. All clocks in the hotel are incorrect, the toilet roll holder was grubby and the lift bangs on arriving on each floor. We paid $430 for two nights with one pizza meal (breakfast was not included) and frankly, I feel like I've just been ripped off. Sure there are better places to stay

Room tip: A different hotel, but definitely not on the fourth floor near the laundry or any floor near the lift
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear joyful_holidayer,
I am very sorry there were problems during your stay. Our desk is manned 24/7 so if any guests are causing a disturbance we will endeavour to quieten them as soon as we are informed. There is a huge demand over Easter but we do offer some great value deals at other times and I hope you may be able to try one of these.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Booked into one of the larger Queen suites, room was ok, very basic so would not want to see what the basic rooms were like, ok for an overnight business trip but that would be about it, quite close to a nice indian restaurant

Room tip: Select the upper level rooms as they are a bit quiter
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear yabbie67,
Thanks for the review. There are lots of great places to eat nearby and I am glad you enjoyed the one you chose. Hoping to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

First time I've stayed here normally stay at other hotels in Hobart. It's ok for a night or two, very standard for a best western. Felt clean and gym on ground floor is ok, running machine, bike weights and a rowing machine. I'd stay here if it for a night or two, bit of a walk to Salamanca place, CBS is about 5 mins away

Date of stay: April 2014
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Don2156,
Thank you for those kind words. I am glad you liked the gym, which is proving very popular. Hoping to see you next time you are stopping off in Hobart.