“Comfy room”

Best Western Hobart
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
“Comfy room”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at best western on a Saturday night. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. We purchased some beers on the way down from Launceston but couldn't open them due to no bottle opener in the room. Had to call the downstairs bar to use their own bottle opener, not really a big deal but bottle openers should be in every hotel room. There was also a dirty bottle full of cigarette butts on the balcony which stunk a bit. If it was summer it would have been annoying but it was too cold to use the balcony anyway. Buffet breakfast was good apart from the very rude people from different countries. $10 per day for parking is a little over the top. If I stayed for 2-3 nights I wouldn't have been happy. All in all a good stay with a comfy bed, that's the main thing when staying in a hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi, Chris D,
Great to hear our new beds are so comfy. Thanks for the suggestion about the bottle openers. I am worried that there was evidence of smoking; we are 100% non-smoking, including balconies. We do have some packages that include parking so perhaps you could try one of those next time. Hoping to welcome you back then.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed with Best Western over the weekend. Having previously paid prior to check in, the front desk staff proceeded to inform me that I hadn't paid. The woman then processed my payment and realised that I had infact paid. When trying to reverse my payment, the woman told me that it would be back in my account the following day. It now being Monday, I still haven't recieved my reimbursment. Spent over an hour on the phone to both the bank and Best Western to try and sort it out, to have the woman at front desk tell me that it's the banks fault. Unorganised and unprofessional staff made for an unpleasant experience. I can safely say that I will not stay with Best Western again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DylanF013
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear DylanF013,
I am so sorry there has been a misunderstanding about your stay. You had pre-paid your booking through a travel agent but, in common with most hotels, we do require a small pre-authorisation on a credit card on arrival to cover for any incidental expenses. This does not mean that we made any charge on your credit card. A pre-authorisation is purely to establish that there are funds available to pay for any extras accrued on your bill during your stay. We do not, and have not in your case, made any charge to your credit card account.
I am very sorry if this was not made clear to you on checking in. If you need to discuss this do contact me at the hotel anytime as we do want to have a happy relationship with all our valued guests at all times.
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Hobart hotels

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Look if you want 5 star, spa apartments with glorious views - don't stay here. If you are after a basic room as all you'll do there is sleep - then why not. Easy walking to the city centre and from there to the waterfront. Nice breakfast. Clean rooms though a little "tired". Perfectly acceptable.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Neil A
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Neil A,
Thank you for those comments. I hope we can look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards,
Penguin, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We had a two day package and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The curtains would not close without falling off the hooks and it was good but basic.
I didn't like the position but that is my fault as I didn't realise we were not close to Constitution Dock and I missed looking at the water.
We had a power failure and had to walk to the fourth floor carrying all our goodies from Salamanca. The manager took us up the stairs with a torch, but he could have offered to carry our heavy bags. It was quite a feat for three old girls.
Probably would stay here again but mainly because of were it is situated.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Lynne F,
Thank you for the feedback. Although we are not on the water it is only a few minutes walk to the dock. I am very sorry you were affected by the power cut. The electricity for our part of Hobart was out for over an hour that day. I am pleased to say this is very, very unusual but I am sorry that it adversely affected your time with us.
Caulfield, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

stayed overnight, found staff very friendly and helpful, room was clean and comfortable.my business partner and I enjoyed a few ales at night, and a great breakfast in the morning. Found it very affordable with the package on offer. would highly recommend for a no fuss place that hits all the marks , will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a accommodation and breakfast package
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear John M,
We are so pleased you liked your time with us and that you will be back.
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Set in a central location, minutes walks from Centro mall which leads to two other malls! The rooms are very clean and the staff were very nice and welcoming, unlike other hotels I have been too where you could be completely ignored by the staff. Mark, was very helpful and also was very knowledgeable as to where the best attractions where. The buffet breakfast was fantastic, the chef was very attentive and helpful. Some places you can't get a good breakfast like this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear xboxwoman87,
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. I love to read that our staff team are friendly and welcoming and also that our breakfast is providing a good start to the day for our valued guests. Hoping to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As far as a no-frills hotel goes, Best Western fits the bill. It's fairly cheap with a special on, and the rooms are of a decent size. There are some strange things about the hotel. If you are a light sleeper, you may have some issues. Although Hobart has to be one of the quietest cities around, the rooms on Harrington manage to be fairly loud (due in part to the mechanics opposite, but probably more due to a lack of soundproofing). The bathrooms are incredibly outdated and would belong in a YMCA, but it seems they're in the process of changing this. Wifi was exceptionally slow, but it was appreciated that it was free. The bed was incredibly comfortable, but the bedside lamps did not have lightglobes in them.
Overall, for a cheap hotel with a comfortable bed, with helpful staff in a convenient location? Decent choice. Looking for something a little extra? There are better options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Krrr4
Dear Krrr4,
Thanks for your comments which we will be acting on. We are busy renovating to get all floors and rooms up to scratch. There is good news about the internet. We have just been connected to the NBN and our WiFi is now fast and reliable. I hope we'll see you in the future to take advantage of it.