We just had a quick trip to Hobart staying at Hadleys Hotel. After having lived in Tasmania many years ago we have regular trips back and always enjoy staying there. I was told the hotel has a new owner and lots are planned for the stately old girl, I look forward to a return trip to see the result. I love this hotel, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, the pillows are large and you sink into them, it's just a great hotel to stay at. Hadleys is walking distance to all the places you need to visit, this time we did not hire a car and enjoyed getting around on foot. You are surrounded by great restaurants or you can eat at the hotel, we had breakfast there and it was a nice start to the day, a good breakfast, The one exception was the coffee machine, they should remove that, even instant would be better than the coffee from that machine. The one thing I did miss was the open fire in the bar, I hope they decide to keep that after refurbishing. The staff are wonderful very friendly and will go out of their way to help or chat and advise, I can not rate this hotel high enough, if you want a modern cold place it's not for you, for warmth and style then book and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart is the one of the oldest boutique hotels in Australia. Originally constructed by convict labour in 1834, this National Trust listed hotel is a unique place to stay in the heart of the city. The property has been fully restored to reflect the Victorian era under the guidance of heritage experts. Hadley's Orient Hotel offers 71 guest rooms and suites, an onsite bar serving light meals, guest lounge, Traditional High Tea(bookings essential), conference and event space, 24 hour reception including concierge services and complimentary WiFi throughout the property. The property is just 20 min from the airport and 5 min walk from the business and government centre of Hobart, Salamanca Markets, Constitution Dock and CBD shopping. Located right in the heart of the city, directly opposite the beautiful St Davids Cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hadley's Orient Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Hobart Hadleys Hotel And Apartments
- Grand Accor Hadleys Hotel
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart, Tasmania