The customs House hotel is a very nice local place. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is in a great location as it is very close to where the Salmanca markets would be, it's near the marina, and near to lots of resturants and cafe's. The attached resturant was good and the staff were very friendly. It's a great location for day trips, and for parking the car at night and walking to dinner.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind...
- there are about 3 floors and no elevator. The stairs are narrow, and there is a door at the top of the stairs that opens toward the stairs - we almost went tumbling the first time with our luggage.
- The bar is a Tab bar (a Tab is a bar for gambling/betting and is usually a bit more rowdy than an average bar/cafe). However, this does bring in some unique characters that are great for people watching!
- Weekday parking is across the street and it is an extra fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Customs House Waterfront Hotel est 1846, located on Hobart's waterfront, walking distance to Salamanca, historic Battery Point and the CBD. This hobart Hotel has 23 rooms, 2 bars and a popular seafood restaurant and VUE. All Rooms have queen beds, internet access, fridge, hair dryers, ensuite bathrooms, tv, desk and coffee making facilities.Some rooms have views overlooking the waterfront & docks. This Hobart hotel is heritage listed, but has been upgraded to a 3.5star level, keeping many original features including it's convict stone walls.The restaurant is very popular selling the local seafood aswell as local meat and produce. Vue is our new cocktail lounge and is available for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Customs House Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Customs Hotel Waterfront
- Customs House Waterfront Hotel Hobart, Tasmania