Mayfair Plaza Motel
US$120
US$108
  • Restaurant
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$128
Macquarie Manor(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Grosvenor Court Apartments(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$149
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$88
  • Restaurant
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$250
Salamanca Inn(Hobart)
US$143
US$133
Agoda.com
All reviewssandy bayinternal courtyardeating venuescrockery providedwifi codepublic holidaygreat locationlarge roomclean accommodationbattery pointclose to shopsno windowreception closesfree parkingyour doorstepan easy minute walktassie holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have given this place four stars. I stayed for four nights. I arrived late but had been emailed the details of how to get it in and that was all fine and worked! I was super impressed when I arrived (it was very cold) to find both a light on in my room, the drapes closed and the heat pump going. Bliss! It is a shame the beds are not more comfy...there is a really ridge in the middle (clearly two beds pushed together) but there was only me so I just hung out on one side! There was a spare blanket, that I used and I had to sus out the heat pump! Once I was warm, I slept better. I had a broken TV remote and that out a damper on telly as I ended up having to use the TV ( I did mention it but it was obviously as good as it gets!).

Talking of staff though, the first morning I was there I went to the Coles (directly across the road, there is also a Woolworth's a block away) and got supplies. I then went to 'check in' proper once reception opened at 8am. That was a great experience, the woman I met was lovely, chatty and accommodating, I felt very welcome. Very close by are two good restaurants I tried - Me Wah and All Thai.

The thing that lets my review down is the cleanliness, there were a number of dirty marks/hairs in my room. Overall it looked clean and the fridge was clean, it was just the bathroom/spare blanket that let it down. I would stay again as I think it is incredible value for money in terms of location.

Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank AntarcticChick
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The setting for this hotel is quite different from the usual Set in a square around a central courtyard, it has shops and restaurants around it, The staff were excellent - friendly, helpful and had good knowledge of tourist attractions and how to get there. The Mayfair is close to Battery Point, Salamanca Markets. The rooms are spacious and very clean. There is crockery, cutlery and we had a microwave. Coles is just across the road. The "All Thai" restaurant is excellent. Also, the wifi is free, as is the laundry. I highly recommend the Mayfair Plaza!

Room Tip: We preferred a room with a window with a good view - other rooms look out to the centre courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ColJoy2
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This motel/hotel may seem a little unusual at the start. It is in a small office/business building which some office suites have been refurbished as motel suites. But what it lacks in style it fully makes up for in many different ways. The rooms are big - we stayed in a superior queen which has 2 queen beds so was fine for us (husband, wife and 8 & 6 yr old). Big bathroom with bath. They provided plates, bowls, cutlery, kettle & toaster and for a small $5 extra/night you can also get a microwave so you virtually get self contained at a fraction of the price. (And there is a table & 4 chairs in the room). Coles supermarket is next door. Fantastic restaurants just down stairs (Thai, Vietnamese, and the best German bakery I've been to outside Germany - worth booking just to have their bread and pastries for breakfast!). And it is on the Sandy Bay side of Battery Point so you are not paying Battery Point prices (about $100 less/night), but you are a stones throw (literally) from there. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Clean. What more can I say - highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank apbubs
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Located in Sandy Bay, a 20 min walk from Salamanca Place, Mayfair Plaza is a good option for a stay in Hobart. Nearby sights include the famous Battery Park area and beaches. There is also a great burger place nearby, called Burger Got Soul. Very tasty and fresh.
The rooms were clean and had spacious rooms. There was only a window towards the outside atrium, with a lot of plants, and people could see right through, so we had to withdraw the curtains. The staff were very helpful.
No need to worry about the noice from Sandy Bay Road, but remember to ask for a room turning the other way.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed three nights on our recent holiday. The final night was a last minute booking when another property only about $20 cheaper turned out to be a disaster.
Theres a lot to like about this motel. The location is great, the rooms are quiet due the design of the property (none of the rooms are directly on the road). There are at least three wifi base stations covering the property (and the wifi is free). TV has good entertainment options. Staff very friendly. The guest laundry appears to be free (the driers are anyway) and our clothes were folded and returned to our room! On the first night, we had a late checkin, which means you need a code. I had two emails and then a phone call to make sure I knew what the prodedure was, which was attentive.

Room Tip: We stayed in two family rooms, both were excellent: clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family