“Nice home-feeling!”

Ranked #39 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Hobart
Barcelona, Spain
“Nice home-feeling!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Montgomery's is located in a perfect place in Hobart. Close to the sea, close to supermarket and in the centre; perfect to go everywhere and catch the bus or shuttle!
At the first sight it might not be the most beautiful infrastructure, but you quickly realise that is a super clean place and very easy to stay. The rooms have 6 beds and in every isle there is plenty of bathrooms; you will never have to wait for one! Every bathroom has a nice shower with super hot water, toilet and sink. I don't know how many times they clean it but every time I used it was very clean! Also, the rooms have heater as Hobart can get cold.
The kitchen is also very clean, plenty of stuff to use and it feels like if it was the kitchen of my house. I would just suggest a bigger and more powerful extractor hood.
The staff is incredibly nice, helpful and friendly! I spent a few times talking and laughing with them and they helped me with some troubles that I had; very kind!!
If I came back to Hobart I wouldn't doubt and I would come back there for sure! It felt like my home the whole week I spent there, thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank klaraLuah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed 3 nights, 2 booked by myself, one included in a tour. The first night was very good, comfortable room, cleaned showers, friendly staff. But the kitchen is very small and for a hostel which regularly receives groups over 15 people it is a nightmare. Then, for the last night they made a mistake with my booking and I did not get a 6 female dorm but a 8 mixed dorm and it was very noisy due to a very poor sound insulation.
However, it is very well located, very close to the waterfront, supermarket and city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Munster
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I stead in the hostel as part of a tour and staff on for a few extra days to discover Hobart. Beds were comfortable and the location is brilliant. However at 30 dollars a night it is not good value. WiFi is extra and the kitchen is ridiculously small. I stead there 5 days and I never once managed to sit down for breakfast.
The showers were filthy and there never seemed to be it water. Tassie back packers is by far better.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Hobart hotels

Wales
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend for 2 nights. Great location to the harbour and markets, friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice to have a bathroom where you can close the door and change. Negatives were that the music us noisy at night but stops at midnight and kitchen is far far too small for a hostel of that size!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Our group consisted of about 12 people including family, couples, and two small kids. Our booking was originally meant to be 2 nights in 2 private rooms for us to share, but our booking got mixed up, and we ended up split up in 3 different rooms with other room mates. Sleeping bags are not allowed at this facility (which we didn't know), and so after one nights stay we came back to find our sleeping bags packaged with notices on them. At one point we had a room mate who looked like they might cause trouble, but they were dealt with by staff. There were no kitchen facilities and it was frustrating that our booking was mixed up, but the stay was alright.

Stayed January 2014
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Good rooms and beds. Very close to everything. Pity about the no sleeping bag regulations, Hobart gets quite cold even in December. Doonahs were quite short if you are taller than six foot. Staff were friendly and helpful. Amenities were very clean well maintained.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carved
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Basic accommodation that did the job for us. Bathrooms are pretty clean, but was a bit noisy at night. Really good location in the middle of town. Parking was also a bit of a challenge with no private car park provided. Worth a look when staying in Hobart.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple