Stayed in this hotel from 22nd Nov. to 26th Nov. Overall, could rate this hotel as a 3.5* hotel.
Love the hotel for its location, and room space pretty okay to accomodate 3 adults. Guest laundry at basement was easy to use. Room pillow is good.
Service by staff is okay, but need to be able to give more infos. Like when I asked them where I can take the Red-Decker, where to take the Saturday Hopper Service (Free bus service for tourists), and where I can take the coach to Launceston, all they can tell me is... They don't know or never heard of such service. That is not helpful to tourists especially from overseas. Another thing which I wonder how guests could survive through their stay is the bathroom! Which is so small that whenever I wanna bend down to scrub my legs and toes, I'll have to get myself stuck or almost knock my head against the tap (Mind you, I'm only 60kg!! which is like average size for adults, right?!) So, when 1 of my friend who is like 80kg, she practically gotta stand there straight, not moving anywhere if she doesn't want to bath with the shower curtain touching her body everywhere. This really needs improvement!! Bathroom is always drenched after every bath, which could be dangerous for elderly.
Beside that, is I'm happy to see that they have a kitchenette in the room initially, but was wondering why they state there that their kitchenette provides only a basin and a microwave and a microwave. I thought it might be a typo-error but it's really a basin+ cutleries+ microwave. That's a kitchenette, no stove or electric hotplate provided at all.
So, I would say that it's an average to good hotel in Hobart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart is centrally located – the charming dining and shopping spots of Battery Point, Salamanca Place, Constitution Dock and the waterfront are just a relaxed stroll away. The hotel is also a great base from which to explore attractions such as: the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery and the ever intriguing Museum of Old and New Art (MONA). The 131 room hotel is newly refurbished and undoubtedly offers the best value hotel option for guests in Tasmania’s dynamic and exciting capital city. Its features include: 24 hour Reception, a breakfast lounge and parking. The guest rooms are complete with: LCD televisions, ensuite bathrooms, kitchenettes, heating and views overlooking the beautiful Mount Wellington or Hobart city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Toga Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Inn Hobart Macquarie Hotel Hobart
- Leisure Hotel Hobart Macquarie
- Macquarie Hotel Hobart
- Hobart Macquarie
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Tasmania