Overall, an average stay but for the prices they charge it could be much better. The pluses are that the location is excellent for Hobart and they provided some good recommendations on restaurants.
Reasons for Average Rating:
- The rooms feel outdated and need a refresh. Sheets, etc. could be cleaner and room felt dark and damp. Plus, our view of the harbor was a view of a building with a harbor behind it.
- We had a hiking group picking us up early in the morning (Maria Island Walk - highlight of our trip to Australia) and asked for a wake-up call since we were still on US time. The call came a half hour late and wasn't even a wake up call, but a question on if we had ordered a taxi. When we said we were supposed to get a wake-up call, there was no apology and they just hung up. We made it to the hike on time but can't really recommend a hotel that is unable to deliver on basics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Australia's first dedicated art hotel stands proudly on Hobart's glorious waterfront. A handsome row of historic warehouses dating from the 1820s (the former IXL jam factory) have been creatively transformed into an enthralling multi-award winning first class hotel. The hotel itself is a work of art. Here you'll be fascinated by the unexpected combination of the antique and the ultra modern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Henry Jones Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Jones Art Hobart
- Henry Jones Art Hotel
- The Henry Jones Art Hotel Hobart, Tasmania