“Average”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Not the best Japanese in town. My ramen noodles was served clumped together and the miso broth was too sweet. On the other hand, salmon bento was ok.

1  Thank steph y

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Cold night called for warm noodle soup. My family had eaten there before and raved about it but this was my first visit. Restaurant was half full but service a little slow....I'm not the most patient. Once at the table the food was very tasty. Recommend Gyoza and Miso Ramen. I'm not a big sushi fan but those that are loved them.
Rin deserves to succeed and we will definitely return regularly.

1  Thank richmet
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived at 6.15pm and the restaurant opened at 6pm. However, we did not make any reservations and it was full! We returned another hour later and managed to get a seat. We had the Rin special bento set and the sushi platter with karaage chicken. It was really delicious and worth our hour's wait. Chicken was tender, sushi had a tinge of sweetness in the rice and miso soup was really tasty! Pricing was reasonable and we would come back when we come to Tassie again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Decent Japanese meal. The salmon Nigiri was fresh and smooth. They have soba noodles which is a rarity.

2  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend , I co-ordinated a group of 18 , which was a bit of an overload at first , but I assisted the staff with ordering , and soon everyone settled down to the evening . The food came in pleasant succession , and some dishes for the first timers , was explained by the staff as they presented them . Many were surprised at the new tastes and the dishes . Everyone enjoyed the experience and I know at least 8 will return with other friends . When it came to settling the cheque , many were surprised the evening was not as expensive as they were told ( by me ) as I arranged a menu of 3 courses , there was Japanese wine and drinks and a modest charge of $2 for BYO , which in today's circles is very rare . They also have a small range of Sake to choose from , so next time , I will try theirs and leave mine at home . Well worth a visit .

2  Thank Daiki I