“Best steak I have had in Hobart”
Review of Red Red Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Red Red Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My title says it all really - best steak I have had in Hobart. I have eaten here a couple of times for dinner, and it's always been perfect quality, amazing bourbon sauce (even though I'm not a bourbon fan), perfectly cooked, and lovely accompaniments. Only thing I don't love is the atmosphere - seeing as the steaks are quite pricey (but considering the size and quality) I would expect more of an upmarket restaurant atmosphere. Instead it's more of a cheap diner feel. We have also had rude/unhelpful staff on both occasions at the restaurant which again, not great considering how much we were paying. Would like to try the breakfast/lunch menu!

But.. purely, based on the quality of the food, I would definitely return as it really is the best steak I've ever had in Hobart, perfectly cooked every time.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Considering how late we were, service was great. Wife and I both had ribs and were impressed with how good it tasted.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Wasn't my first choice on a recent Sunday morning was going to go to Machine Wash but it was full not that big actually and outside tables far to cold walked into RedRed instead warm comfortable quick service great breakfast and good coffee like all the breakfast cafes in Hobart a little pricey but on the whole no complaints a pleasant surprise

Reviewed 6 July 2013

It was cold, our table had awful metal table cloth holders directly in front of us. The staff all felt a bit new and seemed to generally lack when it came to service.

Ordered a bottle of wine and it was just plonked onto the table - not opened, not poured for us..

The food was okay. Not terrible but it wasn't great. There are better places in Hobart to spend your dining out dollars.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Welcome addition to the Salamanca scene with a specialty approach to the meat eaters wish. The meal was well presented and cooked to profection. However not being able to make a phone reservation and only able to be choose 1 out of 3 wines on the list lowered the tone. It was quite obvious there are a few "teething issues" but I am sure they can be overcome with a bit of marketing expertise. Could become a major beacon in foodie calendar with a bit of effort.