“Winter Fun: Mt Wellington to Waterfront”
Review of Wild Bike Tours - CLOSED

Wild Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Bike Tours offers travellers more than what’s in the brochure. There’s an experience that simply cannot be summed up in a picture or two. Yes, the scenery is jaw-dropping amazing! However, you can’t capture the fresh smell of eucalypt and peppermint trees after an overnight rainfall. Or the calm sea-breeze across your face as you ride along a 3km stretch of isolated beach. And you certainly cannot appreciate the scope of a 360° view of the entire south of Tasmania, whilst sitting atop 1,260 metres of volcanic mountain with barely a soul in sight!Wild Bike Tours will take you and your friends deep into the remote wilderness of southern Tasmania for a full day adventure ride. Or, if you’re short on time, an exhilarating ride down the face of Mount Wellington on our special Wellington to the Waterfront ride, which spends plenty of time off the road!Visit World Heritage listed wilderness, coastal plains, untouched beaches, mountain regions and watch out for all kinds of wildlife. See parts of Tasmania that you never knew existed, that most locals only know of through rumour and here-say. Feel the history of early pioneers and aboriginal heritage and learn about modern environmental management.From high value conservation areas to technical descents, the tours are graded on ability and fitness. From the easy tour for those new to mountain biking, to intermediate for those looking for a challenge, right through to the physical demands expected of the more advanced riders.All adventure rides include transport to and from the trails in the “Troopy”, an intimate ride that can’t help but break the ice.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Winter Fun: Mt Wellington to Waterfront”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Amazing experience! Started atop Mt Wellington on a clear day with spectacular views of Hobart and beyond. After a brief chilly descent we were into the forest for what was my first time mountain biking - I can see why people love it! Lots of downhill fun and tight turns. Peter was an awesome guide and a fun guy to chat to. I was impressed with his ability to tailor the ride to our experience level as I never felt exhausted. But there were plenty of options for those more capable. Was the best part of my brief trip to Hobart. Cheers Peter!

1 Thank Jordan A
WBT-Peter, Owner at Wild Bike Tours, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
It is always a pleasure to ride with adventurers, regardless of their experience. While you guys may have never ridden mountain bikes, you more than made up for it in your spirit. We always try to keep our pace to match that of the party, and every time I turned around, there you were!
I am really glad that Jordan shares your adventurous nature - I could see that he was very happy with this piece of a wonderful birthday present.
I look forward to seeing you again.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mt Wellington to Waterfront”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I took my boyfriend on a tour for his birthday with Wild Bike Tours and it was the best activity that we did down in Hobart! As a beginner Peter definitely took care of us and explained all the tracks to us so we knew what to expect. It took me out of my comfort zone but it was definitely worth it, and the views as we were cycling down Mt Wellington were fantastic! As for my boyfriend, he had the best time and I can tell that this is not the last time we will be doing this. If we ever go back to Hobart, Wild Bike Tours will definitely be on the list :) Thanks so much Peter!

1 Thank Ximena F
WBT-Peter, Owner at Wild Bike Tours, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi Jordan! I managed to get your review mixed up with Ximena's through some crazy fluke!
You guys were terrific. From the moment you stepped out of the Troopy, at the pinnacle of Mt Wellington / kunanyi, into the 2°C, icy landscape, I knew you were up for the challenge!
What a great birthday present to receive from Ximena. Thank you for choosing Wild Bike Tours fro the options presented to you.
If you come back down this way, I'd be more than happy to take you out on a longer, bigger adventure.

Cheers!
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible and awesome bikeride!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wild Bike Tours, Peter. Thank you so much for that awesome 'Deep South Expedition' ride. I had an incredible experience in a beautiful, most quiet environment. We spend several hours on your great bikes and there was absolutely nobody. I enjoyed the amazing nature at my very best and loved the course. The rocks, the grass, the mud (!), two stunning beaches, of course the black swan lake and all the amazing views! What a great experience and thank you so much for all the additional information about the deep south tasmanian nature.
I will recommend Wild Bike Tours to everybody. It is just incredible.
Thanks also to Michael and Tim who rode along with us.
Marion Tuin

1 Thank Marion T
WBT-Peter, Owner at Wild Bike Tours, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
When you answered the question about getting wet with "Give me mud!!", we knew we were up for a laugh. Every time we head down south, it's a new experience with different conditions. This time around, we had it all: serenity, speed, fun and awe. It was a pleasure to share the day with you Marion T.
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mt Wellington to the waterfront.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just moved to Hobart and used a gift voucher that some friends got for me. I do a bit of mt biking and was keen to check out some of the local tracks. Peter was awesome! He too me for a great ride and took the time out to point out other rides I could do. He was full of useful local knowledge. Not just about the tracks but about other actvities to do in Hobart and Tassie. I would definitely recommend the tours to anyone, whether you are visiting from out of town or a local. I'll be making use of the local discount to check out some rides further a field. Thanks again Peter.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jimmy G
WBT-Peter, Owner at Wild Bike Tours, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I'm glad you had a great time with us, Jimmy G. It gives us a buzz to share what's amazing about our little city and all the great places to ride in and around Hobart. I know you'll love what we have to offer further afield as well.
See you soon!
Kelowna, Canada
“Mount Wellington Falls”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a great experience!!! Peter was super awesome (knew so much about the surroundings, hobart and tasmania on a whole) and accommodating. Not only saw the falls from a great view across the bowl but then we hiked over to be right on top of the falls, it made me giggle like a little school girl (cause I am slightly afraid of heights). The whole bike ride and hike was stunning. Make sure you are ready to give some effort though, it was the perfect amount of work out for me, pushed me a bit but the pay off and view was completely worth it and perfect!! Would recommend this to anyone who wants the real deal mountain bike tour with a great company!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LisaRose131
WBT-Peter, Owner at Wild Bike Tours, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I don't think I'll ever forget the look on your face when you set foot on the rocks at the top of the falls - it was full of wonder and excitement!
Thanks for choosing Wild Bike Tours. We love all of our destinations, but kunanyi/Mt Wellington holds a special place in our hearts.
If you get the opportunity to come back to Tasmania (when you've got your riding legs back!), please look us up so we can take you on one of our incredible full day adventure rides.