“Good Management!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hobart
Wrest Point Water Edge
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had not been before but had heard a lot about Wrest Point both good and not so good, but thought we would like to try it ourselves. Well done Wrest Point, our stay was very comfortable and we were entertained with out having to pay or play at the casino. Staff were very knowledgeable of there enviroment and able answer queries about the establishmen,t menus drinks and surrounding activities. We ate in three of the restaurants all the food was well presented, fresh , tasty and priced for the style, staff again well trained and helpful. Although the room on the waters egde section was dated it is part of its charm the room was spacious clean and well maintained, a bit of a warren to negotiate through, but it has been added on to over the years. Parking was good with valet if wanted at no cost. Overall our stay was very enjoyable and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wrest Point Water Edge

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a 3 night stay in Hobart and were offered a 'mystery hotel' on the booking site. The price was right so we took the chance and discovered it was Wrest Point. We were given a room in the Water's Edge section with a great view of the river. We were really happy with our room with a view! It was just a basic twin room with a double and single bed, TV, etc. The beds were very comfortable, the room clean and the facilities adequate. Wifi was speedy and easy to access. We went to two of the restaurants -Pier One and the Loft Bistro and had very tasty very nice meals at both. Reception staff were very helpful at all times and parking was easy. We walked to the Salamanca Market on the Saturday morning which took about 30 minutes which was fine but we could have gone on the free shuttle bus which went every hour. We also walked back later in the day but could have got a bus so even tho the hotel is in Sandy Bay it's not that hard to get into the centre of the city. I'm not into Casinos at all but if Wrest Point is my next mystery hotel I wouldn't complain!

Room Tip: Ask for Waters Edge and a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here recently for business trip. The rooms were a generous size and comfortable. The décor is so tired it is almost trendy, but what I liked was that it wasn't plastic or suffered a cheap spruce up. rather an older well-maintained room.The service was excellent, it had a we try harder feeling as the staff seemed to get that the location, the age, and even perhaps its beginning as a casino were all things to be worked against for the good stay of other travellers. Well done staff!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My mum and I went down to experience the revoling restaurant which was absolutely amazing however our room although comfortable was a little outdated in decor and it was a bit like a rabbit warren getting in and out . Staff seemed friendly but I think for what I paid next time I'll pay abit more for mordern conveniences closer to city/Salamanca.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked through mystery bookings with Wotif, that told me that it was a Hobart Hotel, it is actually at sandy bay, which is a $10.00 cab ride each way, if you want to be in Hobart centre. Which I did!!
If you want to be in Hobart and walk around then it is best to find a closer hotel.
I stayed in a Wateredge room, which annoyed me because I had to go up in a lift walk a bit then go down in a lift. This part of the hotel seems to have been refurbished, all walls are paint brown and new carpet. Not my taste.
When I arrived at the reception the smell of food was very strong. It was a bit off putting. Rooms OK but small.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked a secret mystery deal on line and knew it was going to be one of the two main hotels in Hobart located near the water,it turned out to be Wrest Point but it was a little misleading in the respect we didnt know about the different accomodation wings at this hotel and we were a touch dissappointed to be shown to a room in Waters Edge, not the tower.However we did have water views and while the rooms are not as modern as newer hotels(although the bathrooms have been nicely updated) the room was spotlessly clean and serviced daily,fresh towels extra pillows and blankets and a very comfortable bed made it more than satisfactory.The staff here are the friendliest and most helpful and it made our stay most enjoyable.Plenty of locations to dine or grab a coffee or nightcap.Whilst we dined around Hobart the couple of meals we had were reasonably priced and there was enough variety.

Room Tip: Stipulate your level of accomadation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had booked in here for six nights in a Water's Edge room - didn't realise the hotel was sixty years old so paid extra to stay in the Casino itself - when booking this wasn't made clear that the "water's edge" are tacked onto the Casino. The paint colour in the casino room was ghastly - hard to believe that even when it was painted it could have been in fashion - would give you nightmares. Stayed for six nights and had to request a change of linen! motels are serviced better than this. Had a couple of meals in the Loft and it was just so so. My husband's T-bone was great but the room lacked any atmosphere whatsoever. the best part of staying at the casino was the staff all of whom were very approachable. Would not stay here again as it is quite a bit out of the town and not close to anything in particular unless you want to play the pokies!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple