Edinburgh Gallery Bed and Breakfast
Argyle Motor Lodge(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$84
Fountainside Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$84
Agoda.com
Best Western Balmoral Motor Inn(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Quest Savoy(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$92
Agoda.com
Mantra One Sandy Bay Road(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
Agoda.com
Customs House Waterfront Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$101
  • Breakfast included
US$66
All reviewsb blocal honeyinstant noodlesbasement roomenclosed verandabread for toastwifi works wellold buildingblock walkshared bathroomcommunal kitchennice breakfastfree parkingfresh fruitsalamanca marketspedestrian crossinggood points
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed in this B&B for three nights, and it was our best accommodation of our Australian trip. We had a large room on the 2nd floor. The building, being a historic property, has some wear and tear, but the room and furnishings (including flat screen tv and fridge) were new and well-maintained. We were on the busy road side, and worried about the noise, but we put the fan on and slept soundly every night. There's a terrific continental breakfast every morning. The bathrooms (shared) were kept quite clean and there were plenty to go around - never had to wait for anyone though I think the house was full. There's a parking lot out back, which was appreciated. The house is just off the edge of the main "downtown" parts of Hobart. We walked to everything in the city, which was far, but doable. They have free wifi - make sure to ask about the network password, as it's not prominently advertised.

Pros: clean, good value, comfortable accommodations, great breakfast
Cons: we had some sort of misunderstanding with housekeeping and our room never got cleaned while we were there, though it wasn't a big deal

5  Thank JerichoNomad
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I arrived at this B&B at around 12:30pm and the room wasn't ready. Since check in was only until 2 pm, they asked us to wait 15 min. The room we were given was on the lower level. It's exteremely small and there's even 5 steps inside the room. My mattress was too soft, so the sleping quality wasn't that good. Besides that, you have to climb up 2 flights of steps to reach the bathroom. I think it is unescusable that the owners planned to open this place with bathrooms only on the top floor, which is not cleary said on the hotel's web page and might me a big concern to more elderly people. Besides that I asked on the first day to have a room with a double bed. The person at the reception said he would have one available on the next day. Never happened. The running of the place is not very professional. They seem to hire students to do the cleaning and to manage the reservations. I never saw anyone who appeared to be in charge of this place the whole time I was in. One last thing: WHO EATS BREAKFAST AT 8 AM! When you're on a trip you might want to beat the crowds, and to wake up early. Here you can only have breakfast at 8am. It is served in the kitchen, where there's a big table sitting 6 people confortably - could fit 8. There is another room adjoning it whith tables and chairs but no word was ever said that we could use it. The result is that at 8:10 we saw guests cramming in the small kitchen and some even waiting standing up for a seat. Overall it was not a good experience, even though I have to say the location of this B&b is very nice.

Room Tip: Never stay at the room on the lower ground floor!
1  Thank baianointheworld
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed in the B&B for three nights, I was impressed by the style of gallery and helpful staff. When I first came into the B & B, I found it quite different from others, it is a gallery as well as a heritage, I do appreciate the art and the feel of history there. The staff there were very friendly and helpful, I was very comfortable when I stayed there. What is more, the location is quite good, it is very close to CBD of Hobart! I will come to this place again!!!

2  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We decided to stay at a more expensive bed and breakfast instead of a hotel. What a big mistake! Our room was like a dungeon at a level below a very busy street that never came to rest; we could not open a window or the dusty curtains. The linen had stains on!! The room was dirty and there were spider webs allover. All the food in the mini-fridge had expired a while ago. The tomatoes served at breakfast had mold growing on it! Do not be fooled by the photos on the website; this “backpackers hotel” does not look anything like the photos…

Room Tip: Do not be fooled!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess J
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We had bedroom with en-suite. Blinds did not pull up, only half electric blanket working, bathroom in poor state with gaps around window frame, no plug in basin, and rotted woodwork near bath. Breakfast poorly provided,staff filling cereal containers from weetbix box with own hands, very cramped in preparation area once more than two people trying to make breakfast at once. There was notice on door saying management gone to appointment, so no-one to open door. the building is in a very noisy position on main road intersection. Furnishings very assorted, didnt know whether to be period furnishings or modern or oriental. Generally quite shabby and certainly not value for money!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple