Functional apartment but what it has going for it is the location. It is on Battery Point and close enough to walk to Salamanca market on Saturdays. It's about a 10 minute walk downhill, and we really appreciated the location when we saw the Saturday crowd and lots of cars struggling to park around Salamanca. Walking in the other direction leads to Sandy Bay with supermarkets, cafes and restaurants.
The room was clean with a small kitchenette, and enough space for 3 persons. The hotel has a large industrial size washer and dryer ($4 each) which was great for us after more than a week's drive round Tasmania. The reception is not manned at night, so you need to bring the room key card to get into the hotel.
There is also an adjoining bottle shop with a large selection, and we could find most of what we wanted to bring home from there. Parking was free but spaces were limited depending on what time it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet and convenient location in historic Battery Point, 500m to Salamanca markets, waterfront and restaurants, 43 fully self-contained studio & 2 brm apartments designated non-smoking. 2brm apartments are on 2levels with separate living and sleeping areas. FREE Foxtel TV, FREE WIFI, FREE off street parking, guest laundry, iron/ironing board, dry cleaning service, AAA-star 4-star. Reception 7.00am-11.00pm with 24 hr phone reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your St Ives Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Ives Hobart Motel Apartments Hotel Hobart
- St Ives Apartments Hobart, Tasmania