“Tasty pub grub”

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Tasty pub grub”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had accidentally tried a good friend's favourite eating spot in Hobart so when she invited us for lunch, she chose to take us to the Waratah Hotel in Murray Street. We were early so the plae wasn't crowded. The menu was interesting and offered many choices. It would meet the needs of many, if not most, people. The steak sandwich was recommended but my wife chose the white fish patty, my host opted for the steak sandwich and I had the angus burger after a vegetable tart I wanted was not available. The fish patties were delicious; fresh and well seasoned. The steak sandwich ranks as good as any we have seen any where else and my angus burger was top notch. The meat was charred yet juicy and the accompaniments perfectly complemented the tasty meat. We had some wine and the alcoholic ginger beer, a favourite of mine. No one was unhappy about the food nor the prices. Hobart has many such eateries and is a reason why we will go back for repeat visits.

Visited June 2014