“Don't take a BATH at these apartments!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hobart
Bath Street Apartments of Battery Point
Ranked #45 of 53 Speciality Lodging in Hobart
AUSTRALIA
“Don't take a BATH at these apartments!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2008

We visited the website of bath street apartments and were initially impressed with the photo presentation and text relating to these 'luxury' apartments , enough to make a booking for 6 nights unfortunately... this later became a major problem for us after arrival as most of the photos and info were about 'the other apartments' (perhaps!) and not the one bedroom we were given.

The other one bedroom on the harbour side we felt may have had the views. Our ' view ' could be seen if we leaned over the now new air conditioner portable system . A glimpse of the harbour could be seen if our curtains where not drawn to block out the hot sun and glare. The apartment door needed also to be closed to block out the glare of the house next door and the heat and glare off the metal porch. The TV needed to be up at top volume to hear it above the noise of the air conditioner which now took pride of place in the lounge/kitchen area.

Like other customers who arrive at the bath street apartments be prepared to be greeted by an owner/manager who will not probably get up of his seat at the computer to greet you - but will lean across to hand you the receipt which is very promptly and efficently processed on or just before your arrival. All evidence of 'recent renovations' will be evident for you to view in the back area which you will need to naviigate if you want a key.

Be prepared to drag all of your lugguge alone from street level up the driveway and then all the metal steps (hope it is not raining!) From this point on you may never see this man again. Be wary of the promise of 'off street parking' near the apartments as it will depend on other cars in the parking area at the time and the size of your own car . This can be a problem when coming and going as well as it is a narrow street and many other house owners nearby need to park in the street.

On our first afternoon we arrived my husband chose to have a rest after driving and unfortunately our well appointed bedroom was about 4 - 5 metres from the owner's kitchen/ lounge room/office shed etc . We were subject to his sons/himself and father entertaining themselves and cooking dinner in a loud manner . Yes they loved the chicken ! We heard every word. The sons roamed around the high slopping concrete backyard speaking loudly (where clothing hung on the clothes line for several days. ( the veiw from our bedroom ) We found his father very friendly when we needed contact with someone later but did not appreciate this 'stuff' ' which intruded on our enjoyment of a property we were paying 'top peak price ' for.

We needed to close our window and beautiful curtains every time we occupied the room to ensure privacy and to block the high level spotlights from shining into our bedroom at all hours of the night. I did mention this inconvience to his father ( the owner could only be found in the back shed near our bedroom snoring loudly at 5pm when I went searching for him to give him some feedback and indeed try to retreive mail which we were expecting,. We had difficulty getting mail from him and fortunately found his father helpful and available when we went searching to the VERY well appointed apartment downstairs.
We had major issues with the information provided on the internet about 'spectacular views' as our one bedroom unit on the top had direct sunlight from lunch through to sunset and all curtains and doors needed to be closed in order to protect ones eyes and view the t.v. Thank god an air conditioner (very loud and bulky) had been installed on the day of our arrival.

The experience just went on each day as above but was only to get even worse on our arrival home. Unfortunately, we accidently left two etems in the apartment and the story is a nightmare after this for us. ..... It is still going on 2 months later . We sent 3 emails to the owner and attempted one phone call (hung up on) and then received this one cut and pasted for you to read . It says it all.

"Yes, I remember you now, you were the extremely rude lady who stayed in Apartment 15-2.

You insulted my father during your stay here, and now you expect me to drop everything just because you say so.

I did not leave the article here, you did, and it's not my responsibility to run around wasting my time getting it back to you.

Nevertheless I did find an article that may or may not be yours and you are more than welcome to come and identify the item and take possession of it at your earliest convenience."

All the pretty things in these apartments ( which he is very proud of )are there but it lacks many things. This guy needs to do TAFE course in hospitality training and not just property investment. We decided not to write in the guests book as at the time of leaving we would just never come back. But after corresponding with the owner as listed above we wished we had but are without doubts it would have been removed or covered up.

Stayed January 2008
4 Thank aussietraveller10032
BrettFishpool, Owner/Manager at Bath Street Apartments of Battery Point, responded to this review, 28 March 2008
The fact is that the overwhelming majority of our guests have a very pleasant holiday experience while staying with us.

We have a guest book in every apartment and 99% of the comments are very positive. Yes, we do liquid paper out some words like obscene language and the like, usually written by intoxicated teenage guests after one too many drinks.

Regrettably, what these reviews don’t convey is that we operate our property as Self Catering Holiday Apartments not as a Hotel.

Typically this style of accommodation (Self Catering Holiday Apartments) is operated by the guest picking up a key from say a Real Estate Agent and from then on the guests are on their own to enjoy a private holiday in a fully self contained apartment.

We have gone to great lengths to try to anticipate the needs of our guests and we provide every conceivable domestic appliance and all of the consumables that one would expect to find in one’s own home.

I live alone and I have a serious heart condition that doesn’t allow me the luxury of any physical exertion and am unable to assist anyone with heavy luggage etc.

I am an Engineer and I do design work on a computer in the onsite office (in a large freestanding building at the rear of the property, this is also where I live) that some people mistake for a Hotel Concierge.

Having said that, I make myself available 24 hours / day for late arrivals and I promptly act on every request from my guests, ranging from more toilet paper to fresh towels to replacing a blown light globe.

The external lighting at night is security lighting only, fitted with 20 Watt low energy light globes. There are no lights shining in to the bedroom windows.

There is much more to the story concerning this review however, I will not go into any more detail in this forum.

I don’t know why anyone would chose to stay in a 120 year old Georgian Style Heritage Listed Self Catering Apartment in Battery Point when they expect a 5 Star Level of Hotel Style Accommodation and Service.

Don’t take my word for it, come and see for yourself, if you are not completely happy after your first night, I will refund your money and I’ll find you alternate accommodation for the duration of your stay!

Travellers are raving about these Hobart hotels

Solo