The Pickled Frog
Fountainside Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$84
Agoda.com
Best Western Balmoral Motor Inn(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Mayfair on Cavell(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$99
Quest Savoy(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$92
Agoda.com
Mantra One Sandy Bay Road(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$87
Agoda.com
Customs House Waterfront Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Argyle Motor Lodge(Hobart)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
Travelocity
All reviewsbed dormfree shuttlesocial hostelgreen buildingfantastic hostelbudget hostelcommon areasmt wellingtoncouple of nightsclose to townminute walkstayed longernice staynight's sleepstayed here for one nightenjoyed my staynight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. Was in Hobart primarily for hiking and rafting, with a bit of exploration of the city and the surroundings thrown in.

What's making me write this review is the hospitality of the two folks at the reception desk: Jimmy and Ema. Always ready to help the travellers out and naturally inclined to sorting you out of any sticky situations. Imagine a couple of your good mates, but only good looking (Yeah, I'm talking about them both. No, I don't swing that way.). I got a lot of help on my hiking prep from Jimmy and a lot of the city and surrounding info from Ema. I'm sure either could do both but my point is that there was always one of them around when I needed help.

Can't say much about the rooms cause I honestly didn't care much about them. I was out most of the day and came back for a quiet sleep, which the room did a good job of providing (It helped that Ema was nice enough to give me a room with no other occupants, owing to the low season time). There is a nice common room with a cosy atmosphere where I often went to read (Corner single couch with a little table at the front and a lamp at the back. Can't miss it.) before calling it a day, which was something I enjoyed.

Feel free to give this place a shot. It's friendly, situated well and aptly equipped. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Myself and 3 friends stayed here recently and we just wanted to say how nice the hostel is and recommend it to anyone travelling to Hobart. The dorm was really clean and there are good showers. Jimmy, one of the staff, gave us lots of good advice of things to do around Hobart and Tassie in general and drove us to the top of Mt. Wellington to hike down. He also has an amazing dog called Baloo who is just the cutest! The location is central and they have a handy little shop at reception that sells everything from toothpaste to beer - perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for about 4 nights in May, and had a great time! Probably one of the better hostels I stayed in socially, its great for meeting people! Has a whole floor for the common area as well, including a bar. This is where you should stay in Hobart!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The reception smells like toilet. Stayed for 1 night in August in Pickled Frog. While it's 1C outside they didn't provide any heater for the room even when I asked for one. Won't stay here again most def and advice everyone to stay away from this here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank VahidY
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The quirkiness of the decor and the tour options available throughout the week make staying here enjoyable. It can be quite loud at night if you have noisy neighbors, but otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013