“Tasty meal but...”

Ranked #132 of 655 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sawadee Ka (Welcome Ladies) Sawadee Krub (Welcome Gents) What sets us apart as a unique restaurant is we delve into utilising best ideas and techniques from different national dishes, we then "blend" new dishes, resulting in Thai inspired FUSION dishes. Monsoon is proud to be Tasmanian, we use Tasmanian's own best garden herbs, crisp vegetables and free range, fresh seafood produce. A second string to our unique bow is Monsoon, through its original sister cafe/restaurant Thai Veggie Hutt for 12 years and continuing to be vegetarian, vegan and gluten free experienced specialists, catering for allergic and sensitive tastes. Our complete vegetarian menu utilizes "mock meats" thereby offering a broader diverse range of exciting dishes to you, to deliberately tempt your appetite. Needless to say all our dishes on our vegetarian and non vegetarian menu is purely MSG free. Monsoon's dishes are individually prepared and cooked, not by batch. eg soups and curries. We do take a little longer to serve some dishes but it is worth the wait for the quality dish you pay for. Finally, Monsoon Thai Fusion's dishes suits all spice sensations with 5 levels on offer; None, Mild, Medium , Aussie Hot & Thai Hot, Kop Khun Ka (Thankyou) and look forward to when you next visit us at Monsoon Thai Fusion Come in, Relax, Enjoy the Experience of Fusion P.S Coming soon August 2017 - Monsoon Shabu Shabu 120 Elizabeth Street midtown Hobart CBD
Reviewed 25 October 2014

The meal was very nice, I had a green chicken curry and my husband tried the red chicken curry, followed by coconut icecream and coffee. Quite pleasant surroundings. The staff were friendly but lacked knowledge of the menu. It was a BYO but with a $5 'corkage' for EACH person. I always thought the corkage was on the bottle not the number of people that actually consumed the wine!! Just be aware of this if you take your own wine.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

I went to this restaurant last night with my husband and we pumped in to a couple of our friends having dinner there. We joined their table, they had already had entrée, waiting on main course, my husband and I waited for a least 15mins before he went and helped himself to menus, then we had to call out to the waitress that we were ready to order. We ordered my husband got his entrée about 15 mins after ordering not bad, I got mine 1 hour later. My friends husband got his main course without the rice he ordered so he waited and waited his meal nearly cold before he went up to ask where his rice was. my husband and I got our main courses just as I finished my entrée, I did not care as I was very hungry by this time.The food was tasty but, the service was crap on that basis I would not go back until they get there act together.

Reviewed 18 October 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderfully family meal here. For starters we had the satay, prawn dumplings and duck pancakes. For mains we had the prawn and calamari with chilli jam we asked for 2 to be hot and hot means hot! One child had a medium heat prawn and calamari with chilli jam and our other child had the Penang curry. All meals were great hits and we also had two chocolate soufflés. We will definitely come back here.

1  Thank Clare832
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Called not early on Saturday evening without a reservation prior to a movie. The staff were happy to accommodate us at a table with A reservation for later in the evening. The soft shell crab and duck pancakes were both excellent entrees . We followed with two further entrees rather than mains and both the chicken satay skewers and the prawn dumplings were fantastic. With wine and a lychee soda the total bill of $62 was great value. We will be back. A busy little restaurant with friendly helpful staff working from a tiny kitchen producing really good Thai food.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

My wife and I shared the prawn and vegetarian dumplings, very tasty and nicely presented. My daughter had Satay Chicken which she said was yum. I had the duck red curry, very nice and spicy, my wife and daughter shared Pad Thai with chicken which they said was yum. We then had chocolate souffles, not very Thai but very nice.

1  Thank tasman7