“Best Indian I've tasted”

Tandoor and Curry House
Ranked #58 of 627 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A 20 years old traditional Indian restaurant located in Hobart City.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food tasted amazing! The staff were very good but I think our order must have got lost in the process. They soon sorted it out and it was worth the wait. Also, very reasonably priced. I'd definitely go back again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our family of five enjoyed the good quality food, for example, not a skerick of fat or gristle on any of the meat. The Tandoori chicken, Beef Vindaloo and fresh nan were excellent.
The young staff were kind and patient. The decor was shabby but we didn't mind.
We would definitely come here again

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my first visit to this place. The service was friendly and quick. The food was lovely - I had the makhan chicken and cheese naan. Both were flavoursome and really good value. I will definitely return on my next visit to hobart.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

What can I say? My wife and I eat at this restaurant about once a month and the reason we keep going back is simple: nobody does it better. The staff are attentive and friendly and the food really is amazing! If you're not sure what to have, start your meal with the incredible lamb cutlets cooked in the tandoor or the choosa tikka chicken. Both are generous serves and are cooked to perfection. I have tried almost everything on the menu now and never been disappointed, but ALWAYS go back to the Makhan Chicken, their own version of butter chicken. This dish is truly amazing. I have taken many friends to try this, and all of them are now regulars. The depth of flavour is unmatched by other restaurants in my opinion, and all of their meals are reasonably priced. Isn't it nice when they assume you would want rice with your meal and not charge you extra for it? Doesn't happen often! The banquet menus are a great way to sample all on offer, and no one will be left wanting! This really is a fantastic and modest little restaurant, and is definitely worth trying.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Great authentic curry house in an old wee house. Reminded me of the wonderful curry houses in Glasgow. The naan is sublime the beef Vindaloo hot and feisty. You can't go wrong here. If you are a wine snob then BYO is $4 a bottle as their own wine list ain't flash.