“great food and atmosphere”
Review of Zum Cafe

Zum Cafe
Ranked #417 of 642 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Trendy and great eatery, food is yum! One of my favourite Salamanca eating joints, when I visit Hobart

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We regular Zum for breakfasts.

Today there was 8 of us and as usual the food was superb and service was fast.

Additionally - we were pleasantly surprised by to things.

1 - the waitress had forgotten to order one drink, but didn't hesitate to admit her mistake and double check with us what was ordered - there was no delays to our drink order and all drinks arrived at the same time.

2 - my wife and I weren't too hungry so we ordered a 'big breakfast' to share. The chef served it up on two plates - something we've rarely had when sharing meals.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unfortunately we were lured into this restaurant for dinner as it was very quiet compared to the busier cafes and restaurants close by. That should have been our first clue but we were in a hurry. Wait staff were average and food was appalling. Risotto, made without Arborio rice, was watery and tasteless. When brought to the attention of the chef by the wait staff - the response - it was a mixture of rices with a little bit of Arborio. I was left to assume they had run out of rice or were using up the old supplies. Burger buns were highly processed and sweet - worse than McDonalds.

Great concept - poor execution!! Luckily there are plenty of other excellent cafes to dine in...

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had breakfast at vibe twice on our trip. Both times we enjoyed the food atmosphere and service. Not too expensive. On the harbor in Salamanca better than a hotel buffet, cheaper and made to order. Made us feel like we were on holidays. Thanks Zum

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The first morning in Hobart and went to Zum Cafe right across from the Harbour. I had a fantastic breakfast and my cappuccino was incredible! The restaurant was recommended and I am glad that I went. Now, I would like to recommend this restaurant to everyone going to Hobart.